ADVERTISEMENT

Bye week bits

bailey1848

Ultimate Seminole Insider
Dec 23, 2003
Q&A format for the bye week (sorry just getting around to posting from last week)

1. During the bye week which players have stood out among the younger guys or guys we haven’t seen a lot of? How has chubba looked? Young RBs have done well (that includes Toafili) I think our young tight ends too. Jackson west and markeston Douglas. All made a lot of plays. Chubba has played good. Has his good days and then the days where u think he has a ways to go. Needs to work on consistency for sure. Lot of potential though
2. How is the health of the team? Bye week was much needed, a lot of guys played hurt but won’t get a true sense of it until we get to end of week how healthy guys are.
3. Who is the one player that will be a star that we haven’t heard much about? Shyiem brown has scary potential but he’s young. I think he is gonna be a stud (remember he talked about ward all spring and fall camp so I trust him)
3. What’s the deal with Warner and rice? They gonna play soon?! What about Josh B?
Warner probably sooner than rice but both should play at least the last couple games I would guess.
Josh…..he should be back for end of year as well.
4. Is zone read a staple moving forward or was it mostly used bc you thought you could exploit the UNC defense with it? Definitely more zone read but just more reading players in general even with other plays because of Jordan’s running threat
5. What is the difference the past few weeks? Why are we playing better?
Kids taking coaching and attention to detail, jordan being a spark for sure. we simplified some stuff and stopped playing some guys that miss assignments too often
6. What are your thoughts on Walt bell? Can he coach? from what I know, taggart didnt let him do much. He did coach hard though … just think people knew he didn’t have a decision in anything
7. Predict a record at the end of the year!
All depends on dominating this week. But with Jordan healthy and us playing smart football for the first time…..I think we have a shot to win 6-7 games. I really think Travis needs to stay healthy. (You guys know from previous posts that he is extremely optimistic, so take that with a grain of salt. He talked about running the table in the ACC immediately after the Louisville game 😀)
8. Tell me something that the average warchant fan wouldn’t know that I can share.
Eh nothing special to report just because of the bye week…..coaches birthday was fun and I just think we are taking this week like it’s notre dame and not the worst team in college which is good!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.