ADVERTISEMENT

Football Cheers: First Guinness in Dublin

Jerry Kutz

Ultimate Seminole Insider
Gold Member
Sep 17, 2001
Touched down at 6am and had a breakfast Guinness to start the day (hey, it’s 2am Tally time).
Seminoles on the flight. Seminoles in the breakfast pub.
Looking forward to a fun week.
1. Remember to change your phone service plan
2. Buy some euros.
3. Taxi from airport to center of Dublin is normally $25-30 euro but they can add $30 if you choose the M50 highway rather than the neighborhood. My driver asked what I preferred but didn’t tell me it would be an extra $30. I’m told travel time is equal one way or the other.
4. It is a grey flannel sky over Ireland. Drizzly with temp in the 50s, a welcome relief fro 93 in Tally. Pack accordingly. Layers and dry shoes. FSU managers need to plan for wet ball and field.
5. Locals say Temple Bar area is touristy and expensive, fine by day, but at night Grafton Street and Smithfield are where the locals prefer. They report all of Dublin is safe.
6. When asked biggest problem the response is immigration from Ukraine and African continent. Claims there is homeless as a result. Haven’t seen it yet.
7. Unless you are an FSU lineman you can split the full Irish breakfast… with your Guinness.
8. Train trip to Galway impressions. Green pastures cover slightly rolling hills similar to Tallahassee) but dotted by sheep everywhere. Very few people anywhere but in Dublin, causing me to Google it:
5.1 million people
4.7 million sheep
6.6 million cows
Dade, Broward and Palm Beach counties have more population (6.3 million)
Feel smarter?

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.