ADVERTISEMENT

Could be in the minority…

jhnoles6602

Veteran Seminole Insider
Gold Member
Apr 21, 2018
After 3 weeks of the New Clock rule and seeing how it’s affected the game overall. I’ve seen various stats however the one that caught my attention was the range of 40 - 60 plays are lost because of this. Just to put it into perspective it not often teams put together 10+ play series before they score or punt. I believe Chip Kelly said the had 4 drives in the first half of their game. That’s ludicrous for your O to have the ball 2 times each quarter. Offenses pretty much have to be flawless and score each time they are given the ball because they may not touch it again until the next quarter. One thing is for sure if your offense sputters 2 maybe 3 drives you setup perfect for upsets because there will not be enough touches left. I don’t know about you but it almost feels like the Post Full game Highlights on YouTube actually take longer to watch than the actual game.
Just curious how every feels a lot the running clock headed into week 4?

Ultimately, I know the rule was put into place for no other reason than ad $. It’s almost hard to get into the game and/or enjoy it because you mess around lose Wi-Fi or run outside to flip the burgers hell your watching coaches shake hands.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News