ADVERTISEMENT

Dang Lemarcus don't mess around

Silas33

Seminole Insider
Jan 22, 2009
Nashville, TN
HBO Hardknocks
I love this game coach, y'all can have your money, I just wanna play! Don't play with me coach

What was the deal with that Steve McNair story Jeff told him? Ab how Steve took a shot and wanted to quit bc he said he lost his passion. But that he came back in after choosing to sit and won the game. Jeff said he realized Steve still had passion in him but he just had to help him find it again

Goes on to say how he wants to help Lamarcus find his passion for the game again

Is Joyner considering quitting football or something? What's going on with him? I knew he had some issues earlier in camp and I guess he still is

LJ can't stand the idea of not starting, DB coach was kind of jerking him around having him on second unit, LJ was kind of calling their bluff, if "I'm not good enough, cut me trade me" LJ don't play. He says I love this game coach, I would play for free, the Rams can have their money, I just wanna play.

I loved it

Came across as a petulant child because he wasn't getting his way. He was thrown out for fighting and the team sent a message in practice by limiting his reps so he sat on the side and didn't practice. This week, he acted like he was going to leave.

Walk away from $1.25 million per year? Ok.

LJ can't stand the idea of not starting, DB coach was kind of jerking him around having him on second unit, LJ was kind of calling their bluff, if "I'm not good enough, cut me trade me" LJ don't play. He says I love this game coach, I would play for free, the Rams can have their money, I just wanna play.

I loved it

If he can't stand the idea of not starting, then he should outright win a starting position. It isn't that difficult a concept. I am not sure what their is to love about someone throwing a fit because they aren't getting their way. He came across as a primadonna to me, who feels like he is owed something.

They were playing games with him, and LJ don't play

What are you talking about? They had him at the nickel position, which is exactly where is he still listed on the depth chart today. You are acting like he won something by acting like a cry baby, yet he is in the exact same position he was in before he decided to quit practicing. He didn't benefit himself one bit.

Last edited:
What are you talking about? They had him at the nickel position, which is exactly where is he still listed on the depth chart today. You are acting like he won something by acting like a cry baby, yet he is in the exact same position he was in before he decided to quit practicing. He didn't benefit himself one bit.

They demoted him to second string because of the PRESEASON game fighting ejection, and it backfired in terms of a motivation ploy, plain and simple. Clearly you saw the value of him in Fisher's response, and they quit playing games with him. You just don't pull that crap with a warrior who is selling out on every play already.

I'm hard headed like him too, but lamarcus needs to relax.

You don't want to work at Walmart over first team practice reps.

Play the inside nickel position when they call it, play it to the best of your abilities, and collect every cent of your contract.

Reactions: Silas33
They demoted him to second string because of the PRESEASON game fighting ejection, and it backfired in terms of a motivation ploy, plain and simple. Clearly you saw the value of him in Fisher's response, and they quit playing games with him. You just don't pull that crap with a warrior who is selling out on every play already.

He is a quality player, but he is a nickelback. He has started 6 games in two years, so he is essentially playing the role they want to use him in. He is 5 foot 8, which is a huge disadvantage in the NFL today to be playing outside when he is giving up several inches to even average size receivers, and a lot of inches to the taller receivers. Plus, like Fisher noted, the way the game is played today, a NB is a default starter, but for some reason he couldnt accept that.

But the idea it backfired as a motivation ploy isn't something to be proud of. The dude is in his 3rd year in the league. If he is already at a point that he needs motivation to play, or he thinks he is owed a starting job, then my guess, is that he isnt going to be a long term NFL player.

He is a quality player, but he is a nickelback. He has started 6 games in two years, so he is essentially playing the role they want to use him in. He is 5 foot 8, which is a huge disadvantage in the NFL today to be playing outside when he is giving up several inches to even average size receivers, and a lot of inches to the taller receivers. Plus, like Fisher noted, the way the game is played today, a NB is a default starter, but for some reason he couldnt accept that.

But the idea it backfired as a motivation ploy isn't something to be proud of. The dude is in his 3rd year in the league. If he is already at a point that he needs motivation to play, or he thinks he is owed a starting job, then my guess, is that he isnt going to be a long term NFL player.

You boys have forgotten his exceptional quality, and all he did here to be dogging him, that's a shame. I would take 10 LJ's

You boys have forgotten his exceptional quality, and all he did here to be dogging him, that's a shame. I would take 10 LJ's

College has nothing to do with the NFL. No NFL team is going to keep someone around because of what they did in college. He needs to just suck it up and do what they ask, and when his contract is up maybe someone will sign him to play on the outside, or maybe he can win the role with the Rams. Being a headache who refuses to practice when things dont go his way, isnt going to help make his case with other teams though.

I think he needs to suck it up. I expect the coaches jerked him around more than the show indicates but there is simply no excuse to sulk. None.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT