ADVERTISEMENT

DJU Not Even a Top 5 Problem

ACE NOLE

Ultimate Seminole Insider
Gold Member
Jun 25, 2011
with this team.

All these DJU posts are laughable. How about the front 7 on defense? Are we going to replace all of them? How about the starting 5 on the OL? Replacing them as well? Morlock at TE? Giving significant PT to the same skill guys who have never made a play here in 4 years? Those are all much bigger problems than DJU.

I'm not saying that I wouldn't move on and start Glenn, I just find it laughable that everyone is acting like replacing DJU is going to fix anything. Until FSU gets a new OL & LB's coach, convinces Odell to hang it up, plays younger players if they are remotely as good as the older guys, and stops getting held hostage in the portal by guys who were made by other better players playing opposite of them on the DL who have gone onto the NFL, nothing is going to change.

Was Early perfect? No. Was he the second coming of Orlando Pace out there? No. Was he every big as good if not better than the four tackles ahead of him to start the season? Definitely. Yet he was 3rd string to start the season. I'll guarentee it's the same story with the rest of these younger guys as well. And by playing him, you are playing a highly touted RS. So. Someone who you can build on. Look at Hussey, Lyons, etc. The personnel choices on this team are terrible. And it's not just the younger guys. Look at Douglas, Poitier, Riley, etc.

Give me:

QB Glenn or Luke K. or DJU (doesn't matter)
RB Davis or Toafili
WR H. Williams or Benson
WR Poitier // Brown
WR Douglas or Lucas
TE Thomas // A. Williams
LT Simmons
LG Estes
C Otto
RG Armella
RT Early
1st OL off the bench J. Daniels

DE Lolohea or Hester
DT Sampson // Durojaiye
DT Lyons // Kelley
DE Anderson or L. Green
LB Riley // Parrish
LB Nicholson // Cryer
CB Thomas // Rawls
FS Hussey // Joseph
SS S. Brown // Gibson
CB Cypress // Lester
NB Knowles

Lots of liabilities on, and coaching this team, who Norvell continues to try to make happy, not named DJU. FSU has a talent problem, a coaching problem, and a motivation problem. Not just a DJU problem. You play those guys you fix two out of the three, show that you are building for the future and largely change the narrative. All of a sudden in the off chance you are bowl eligible with those guys you have something to hang your hat on. Fuller, Shannon and Atkins can be fired in the offseason. You keep the same guys on the field, you lose the recruiting class, lose the team, lose half the young talent in the offseason, and are the laughing stock of CFB with zero momentum for the next 12 months.

For as much as Norvell likes to go for it on fourth down, he sure is reserved in mixing up the guys on the field.

And in, before the same people tell me I'm totally wrong because we have a RB and TB position, Gibson is a WR, etc. Lots of younger 4 & 5* guys who every team in the country wanted, sitting behind guys who got manhandled by perennial ACC losers IMO. DJU might be the scapegoat, but that isn't changing anything, lots of other wholesale changes to make that will have a far greater impact, this season, and into the foreseeable future.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.