ADVERTISEMENT

Extraordinary Popular Delusions and The Madness of Crowds

rustytew

Star Player
Gold Member
Nov 11, 2004
By Charles MacKay ,1841, should be required reading for everyone in the internet age. We have the best basketball team and the best players and the best coach (along with Bobby ) to ever represent this university and we can’t see them play. It is so sad. They deserved a chance to win the ACC tournament and a chance to win the NCAA. They are good enough and well coached enough to do it. They are also great young men and great representatives of our university. Coach Hamilton is also a great representative of our university and we should all be very proud of him. I am just so sad that that they don’t have a chance to play.

Reactions: 79Noles02
While you're in a reading mood, you should read "Pale Rider" by Laura Spinney. Or anything by Gina Kolata. Or hell, read Stephen King's "The Stand" with an oversized grain of salt.

In the end, it's just a game. It sucks hardcore, no doubt. But if this helps slow down the virus, so be it.

Honestly, people....with as much money as is involved in these events...do you really think the people who stand to lose MILLIONS upon millions of dollars would just operate based on hysteria and hype? If I were a little more paranoid, I might start thinking that we commons and poors aren't being told everything.

Reactions: cgj0198
While you're in a reading mood, you should read "Pale Rider" by Laura Spinney. Or anything by Gina Kolata. Or hell, read Stephen King's "The Stand" with an oversized grain of salt.

In the end, it's just a game. It sucks hardcore, no doubt. But if this helps slow down the virus, so be it.

Honestly, people....with as much money as is involved in these events...do you really think the people who stand to lose MILLIONS upon millions of dollars would just operate based on hysteria and hype? If I were a little more paranoid, I might start thinking that we commons and poors aren't being told everything.

Well, yes, I do think they are operating on hysteria, as is the entire planet at the moment. Politically and socially, do they have a choice? No. Again, hysteria reigns. Go find an authoritative epidemiologist's comments somewhere. The isolation hasn't and likely won't slow the virus. It's been isolated in 24 countries already. Another reliable source states the virus is present in 100 countries. This, despite "containment" in China. It's here to stay.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT