ADVERTISEMENT

For those of you that have been deployed?

runkpanole

Seminole Insider
Nov 17, 2002
My sister is spending some time in the desert. What types of things did you appreciate getting from home that would be allowed?

Reactions: taconole
I haven't been deployed, but a lot of my friends have. I know wet wipes are like gold over there. Any kind of snacks she likes are always appreciated also. But you can't go wrong with wet wipes.

Depends on where she will be deployed and for how long. Wet wipes, gold bond, are always good items if she is in a rough area. Magazines, books and movies are good too to help the time pass by.
Halfway thru send things that are specific to her hometown or things you know she would love even if it is a coffee cup from a local place. If she is a football fan, send her the Sunday and Monday sports pages. Sounds crazy but the articles will be well read by all that she works with.

Yeah, totally depends on where she's at. Most places are built up enough that you don't need wipes and gold bond anymore. Usually homemade cookies and stuff like that are popular. Most of the time packages just let people know you're thinking about them, they will most likely have everything they need nowadays.

Like others have said depends on where she is? When I was in the Stan batteries were gold. Wait until she gets there and then find out personal hygiene products were always in short supply also.

Thanks. I think she is in Kuwait right now, but I don't know that she will be there for her entire deployment. Wet wipes and Gold Bond seem to be a consensus.

If she's going to the desert then I agree wipes are huge, snacks, magazines to read and letters from home...letters from home are always better than emails.

Just saw a list of recommended items online and Girl Scout Cookies jumped out at me. Bet those would be like currency over there.

Just saw a list of recommended items online and Girl Scout Cookies jumped out at me. Bet those would be like currency over there.

There is an option to donate to the military. We always send our purchase (except for my secret stash)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT