ADVERTISEMENT

Football Recruiting Four-star DB JaDon Blair reflects on Mike Norvell, FSU's fit in his future

Bob Ferrante

Ultimate Seminole Insider
Staff
May 10, 2022
Recruiting often is about relationships. And in JaDon Blair's view it’s the potential of a life-long relationship.

The four-star safety wrapped up his official visit to Florida State on Thursday. He reflected on meeting coach Mike Norvell, connecting with second-year safety Conrad Hussey and spending time in a virtual-reality room. But it was also a personal conversation with Mike Norvell that stood out.

“When I was in his office, and he was talking about the one thing that he wants from me later, it's just the text,” Blair said. “Fifteen years later, he just wants the text. I really appreciate that because that speaks volumes for itself. If I text you that means we're locked in. If I can text you 15 years from now, and you text me back, that means I was successful. That means I made it, like we said.

“That's what I like. That's what I really liked about coach Norvell and just how he respects his players. He wants you to respect him and the coaches of course, but it's all out of love.”

Reactions: Jeperr6564
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.