ADVERTISEMENT

Football Recruiting (Updated) Four-star OG Peyton Joseph (5 pm) and Four-star TE Hollis Davidson has now re-committed to Auburn

OsceolaPat

Veteran Seminole Insider
Staff
Jul 31, 2022
Four-star offensive guard prospect Peyton Joseph and four-star TE Hollis Davidson are both expected to announce which school they will commit to on Thursday.

Joseph is choosing between FSU and Memphis, while Davidson is choosing between FSU and Florida. Joseph is planning on announcing at 5pm and Davidson hasn't made announcement, at least publicly, about what time he plans to announce.

Both Fish and I, along with the publisher of the Memphis Rivals site, have FutureCast in for Joseph to commit to FSU. Joseph has moved up the board with the commitments of guards Rowan Byrne (Clemson) and Max Buchanan (Miami). And while he might not have been a take for FSU prior to those two commitments, he is now. Memphis got involved with Joseph after offering his high school teammate Antwann Hill who is committed to the Tigers as a quarterback. Joseph spent a ton of time in Tallahassee this spring. He took in three practices in one week in April.

Davidson's recruitment has seen some interesting developments over the last couple of months. He decommitted from Auburn in early May after committing to the Tigers in February. Once he decommitted from the Tigers, he found himself the FSU campus three times, twice for unofficial visits and once for his official visit on June 21. FSU was thought to be the leader for Davidson after his official visit to Florida on June 7. However, his official visit to Auburn, which was set for the fall after his decommitment, got moved to June 14. Since then, the rumors have been that the Tigers have made up the ground they lost to FSU during that time.

Both Fish and I had FutureCast in for FSU and Davidson but we both now project Auburn to land his commitment as does Rivals National Recruiting Analyst Sam Spiegelman. Like, FSU, the Tigers already have a tight end committed to their 2025 recruiting class, so everything is equal there.

I do believe that this is a very close race between FSU and Auburn and it would not surprise at all if he chooses FSU. He really seems to enjoy his relationship with Norvell and Thomas. Secondly, you don't see a ton of decommits then a recommit to the same school. This would one futurecast I would be happy to get wrong. I think he is one of the most explosive tight end prospects in the entire 2025 class and could be a big weapon at the college level in the passing game.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jeperr6564
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News