ADVERTISEMENT

Friday Night College Football

Fijimn

Veteran Seminole Insider
May 7, 2008
....is just un-American. Friday night is for Friday Night Lights. Damn Yankees in Bristol f-ing everything up.

And thanks a lot, Obama.

....is just un-American. Friday night is for Friday Night Lights. Damn Yankees in Bristol f-ing everything up.

And thanks a lot, Obama.
Well in the northeast and parts of the Midwest high school football is played on sat. It's not the big deal the TC wants it to be

Well in the northeast and parts of the Midwest high school football is played on sat. It's not the big deal the TC wants it to be
In the NE college football isn't the big deal that other parts of the country see it as.

I think Friday night is for HS too. I never liked it when they first had podunks playing on Friday night. Now you have a power playing Friday night. A power who's HC doesn't approve of it.

So I'd like to know who, from the FSU camp, thought it was a good idea and more importantly why. I would think that while we have to play ball with the networks who pay we still have some say as to when we play. i thought that the 11:30 start was a travesty but then I heard that we actually requested an early start because we had the short week for this one and it was 11:30 v. 12:00 due to US Open coverage which is understandable.

Last edited:
In the NE college football isn't the big deal that other parts of the country see it as.

I think Friday night is for HS too. I never liked it when they first had podiums playing on Friday night. Now you have a power playing Friday night. A power who's HC doesn't approve of it.

So I'd like to know who, from the FSU camp, thought it was a good idea and more importantly why. I would think that while we have to play ball with the networks who pay we still have some say as to when we play. i thought that the 11:30 start was a travesty but then I heard that we actually requested an early start because we had the short week for this one and it was 11:30 v. 12:00 due to US Open coverage which is understandable.

ACC should stop playing football on Thursdays and Fridays. Thursday night is overshadowed by NFL anyway.

it feels a bit off for them to play on a Friday night, but it may be a good excuse to go out and watch the game with a few fellow Noles.

FSU played a few Friday night games back in the day. They were all against the U, who had to play on Friday nights in order to get any kind of coverage from the press, who were busy slobbering all over uf.

Like I said in my thread..what brain trust thought this was a good idea? When it comes down to it, its all about $$.

Since I love Oh Brother Where Art Thou, the answer to the Brain Trust question is the Soggy Bottom Boys.

Embedded media from this media site is no longer available

Being close to Tally and a Seminole community we are worried about how much FSU playing tonight hurts our gate. Keep in mind in high school football is the only money maker so this hurts the entire athletic department's bottom line.

Like I said in my thread..what brain trust thought this was a good idea? When it comes down to it, its all about $$.

Fans generally hate these games....but since when did we matter? Just send money and continue showing up at whatever inconvenient time we dictate.

Reactions: FSUSarah
78218608_crop_north.jpg

Has the ACC ever said no to ESPN? Ever? Why anyone would expect them to change now is beyond me.

If football powers like FSU and Clemson express their displeasure repeatedly, maybe it'll get across to the Tobacco Road mafia. Can't stop trying

What an effed up first month of the season. We open with a game against a bad high school team, follow that with the Saturday Morning Palindrome Bowl, and now we're playing on a Friday night against a team that will be wearing our uniforms, so I'm sure I will spend much of the night yelling at the tv "Go Go Go, wait no, tackle that SOB"

I'm ready for a beer and some tequila.

Has the ACC ever said no to ESPN? Ever? Why anyone would expect them to change now is beyond me.
To take it a step further...since when has the ACC ever respected or tried to give FSU a fair deal or god forbid....any slight advantage? EVER?

I get where the ACC is contractually obligated to comply with X Thurs. and x friday games. So throw your half asses in there. Throw Wake against Duke. Let freeking Miami play UVA. But if you care about your bellcows and their chances to represent nationally thus bringing success and prestige to YOUR conference wouldn't you protect them and set them up the best you can for success?

I've really never been inclined to whine about ref.s but during our tenure in the ACC we've had some flat out garbage officiating. I guess the ACC has done something but not much. I swear it's as if the ACC was a child that was raised to believe that they weren't good enough to prosper. that they were children of a lesser God. So subconsciously (or maybe not) they actually take measures to hamstring themselves.

I will say this. For we long time fans the hard road is business as usual. I mean look back to when the years of FU and their powers over the state leg. did everything possible to keep FSU down (due to their massive insecurity). Then look at BB having to take on multiple historic powers inordinately on the road to establish his dynasty. So frankly.....with having the past few years of having these relatively easy schedules (41st this year I believe) having to travel to the not top 25 BC and play on short rest isn't that big a deal...relatively.

I just don't like Friday night college games and sure as hell don't think that Bama ,ND USC or many of the other traditional powers would lower themselves. I think that FSU could have told the ACC to pound freeking sand when they wanted us to fill the Friday slot. That's why God created Boise State or NC. State.

To take it a step further...since when has the ACC ever respected or tried to give FSU a fair deal or god forbid....any slight advantage? EVER?

I get where the ACC is contractually obligated to comply with X Thurs. and x friday games. So throw your half asses in there. Throw Wake against Duke. Let freeking Miami play UVA. But if you care about your bellcows and their chances to represent nationally thus bringing success and prestige to YOUR conference wouldn't you protect them and set them up the best you can for success?

I've really never been inclined to whine about ref.s but during our tenure in the ACC we've had some flat out garbage officiating. I guess the ACC has done something but not much. I swear it's as if the ACC was a child that was raised to believe that they weren't good enough to prosper. that they were children of a lesser God. So subconsciously (or maybe not) they actually take measures to hamstring themselves.

I will say this. For we long time fans the hard road is business as usual. I mean look back to when the years of FU and their powers over the state leg. did everything possible to keep FSU down (due to their massive insecurity). Then look at BB having to take on multiple historic powers inordinately on the road to establish his dynasty. So frankly.....with having the past few years of having these relatively easy schedules (41st this year I believe) having to travel to the not top 25 BC and play on short rest isn't that big a deal...relatively.

I just don't like Friday night college games and sure as hell don't think that Bama ,ND USC or many of the other traditional powers would lower themselves. I think that FSU could have told the ACC to pound freeking sand when they wanted us to fill the Friday slot. That's why God created Boise State or NC. State.
Preach!

About time for one of the Booster guys to chime in about "they (ESPN) pay the bills!" and how he personally likes not playing on Saturdays (so he can watch other games). OK, swell. Don't worry about your customers.....they don't matter.

ACC should stop playing football on Thursdays and Fridays. Thursday night is overshadowed by NFL anyway.

IIRC, the ACC made a stmt that they were against playing Friday night games so as to not conflict with HS. Apparently that conviction didn't last very long once ESPN handed out the dollars.

I watched a friends son play on Saturday at Pebble Beach (yes they actually have a high school there). The reason was because it was a small school and didn't have lights at their field; calling it a stadium would be a misnomer.

I'm pretty sure when just about any highschool plays on Saturday, lack of lights, and possibly the cold of night are the only reasons. One can't deny that the majority of high school football is played on Friday night.

I've grown tired of the WEAK ASS ACC in general. No one in charge has ever had any testicles.

FACCFFACC!

Reactions: rhurner
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT