ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball FSU announces addition of Greek forward

Bob Ferrante

Ultimate Seminole Insider
Staff
May 10, 2022
FSU sports information:

Anastasios Rozakeas (6-7, 225), who will play for Greece in the FIBA U18 EuroBasket Championship in Finland beginning July 27, 2024, has signed a Grant in Aid to play basketball at Florida State for Head Coach Leonard Hamilton and his staff. He is one of Europe’s top young players who was named to the All-Tournament team at the Greek Rising Stars U18 tournament in 2024, and who led the Greek Olympiacos U18 team to go undefeated and win the 2024 Greek U18 Championship.

Rozakeas is a tall, lengthy player who moves effectively off-ball, navigates through screens and is an extremely good creator. He plays and executes pick and roll plays as well as any young player in Europe.

Rozakeas (Athens, Greece) played for the U18 Olympiacos Piraeus team in the 2024 ADIDAS Next Generation Tournament. He helped lead Olympiacos to a 2-2 record in the tournament. Rozakeas scored 19 points in a 92-65 victory over U18 Paris Basketball, 17 points against U18 Panathinaikos Athens, and 16 points against U18 Juventus.

“Anastasios brings a very mature mindset to our program,” said Hamilton. “He has the ability to play multiple positions – he can bring the ball up the court as well as rebound. He brings a complete skill set to our team – he is a good decision maker, a strong ball handler, can pass and shoot, and is well-schooled in the fundamentals of basketball. He’s going to fit in very well immediately with the players on our roster.”

Rozakeas played in the 2022 U16 Fiba European Championship. He currently plays on the Olympiacos S.F.P. Piraeus team with Americans Nigel Williams-Goss (Gonzaga), Moses Wright (Georgia Tech), Alec Peters (Valparaiso and the Phoenix Suns).

"I can’t wait to put all my passion on the court so I can make Florida State and our fans proud,” said Rozakeas. “The hard work, dedication and discipline that have brought me to FSU will continue to drive my efforts. I am confident that Coach Hamilton and Coach (Stan) Jones will elevate my performance to new heights. I am excited and honored to be a Seminole.”

Rozakeas will have the complete support of his family from around the world when he arrives at Florida State.

“We are delighted and honored that Anastasios has joined the Florida State program.” said his mom, Maria. “Florida State is an institution that will help Anastasios grow academically and athletically. We are confident that he is blessed with an experienced and enthusiastic coaching staff, and we are ready to support him all the way.”

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.