ADVERTISEMENT

Cross Country FSU cross country schedule set for fall

Bob Ferrante

Ultimate Seminole Insider
Staff
May 10, 2022
FSU sports information:

The Florida State cross country teams will race in eight meets this fall, including three at Apalachee Regional Park.

“I’m really excited for the new season this year,” FSU head coach Matt Kane said. “I think we’ve got a great combination of running locally and then also heading up to Wisconsin a few times to check out the national course. I think it’s going to give the athletes a great opportunity to kind of prove themselves and get themselves in the fire a little bit and test themselves against some of the best athletes in the country.”

The Seminoles will start the year traveling to Orlando, Florida for the UCF Invitational on Aug 30, before kicking off the home slate on Sept 6. at the Hoka Nights of Thunder Fest hosted by Hoka.

FSU will split the squad for the Nuttycombe Invite on Sept. 27 In Madison, Wisconsin while some members will compete at the FSU-Pre-Regional meet. The Seminoles will remain home for the annual FSU XC Invite on Oct. 11. Florida State will return up north for the Wisconsin Pre-National meet on Oct.19 at the Zimmer Championship Course to close out the regular season.

The ACC Championship will be hosted by NC State on Nov. 1 in Cary, N.C. The Noles will host the NCAA South Region Championships on Nov. 15, looking to qualify for the NCAA Championships in Wisconsin on Nov. 23.

“I think one of the really unique things that I’m most excited about is the fact that we’re hosting the regional championship,” Kane added. “Qualifying for the national championship runs through Tallahassee.”

2024 CROSS COUNTRY SCHEDULE
Aug. 30 -
UCF Invite at Orlando, Fla.
Sept. 6 - Hoka Nights of Thunder at Tallahassee, Fla.
Sept. 27 - Nuttycombe Invite at Madison, Wisc.
Sept. 27 - FSU Pre-Regional at Tallahassee, Fla.
Oct. 11 - FSU XC Invite at Tallahassee, Fla.
Oct. 19 - Wisconsin Pre-National at Madison, Wisc.
Nov. 1 - ACC Championships at Cary, N.C.
Nov. 15 - NCAA South Region Championships at Tallahassee, Fla.
Nov. 23 - NCAA Championships at Madison, Wisc.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.