ADVERTISEMENT

Sports Business FSU Files Motion for Partial Summary Judgment.

AllNoles

Ultimate Seminole Insider
Gold Member
Nov 25, 2002
Tallahassee
This is a big deal. The motion was filed Tuesday but just listed and uploaded this am (I was looking to see the ACC appealed the jurisdiction order).

This is what I have been calling for for months. This is a legal process based purely on legal argument. It is NOT a time to dispute facts, so it's not limited by speed of discovery. On summary judgment the parties list what they claim are "undisputed facts" and anything actually undisputed can be relied on by the court. I am sure you won't be surprised that parties disagree all the time on what's undisputed and we should expect to see that. If a fact is not totally undisputed the court is to assume the facts claimed by the non party (ACC) is true (just for this proceeding, not the whole case).

FSU is attacking the very nature of the GoR and saying that it's rights are not necessary to the media deal. I have a lot to read, and a lot of this may still be redacted, which will suck. But this is a good thing. This (and the response) will really put the issues to the forefront.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.