ADVERTISEMENT

FSU grad 2017 and Surf Nole Jr graduated Navy Fighter Weapons School aka Top gun on Thursday.

Way cool. It must be in the genes, amirite?

Congratulations to him, AND to YOU for raising him right. Well done.
After the first top gun I applied to the Navy but it didn't work out. Later in my early 30s I wanted the career change and started the civilian route. Got my private license, my instrument license, and started working on my commercial. But you had to be able to starve for many years back in those days. Like 15,000 or 20,000 a year. In the '90s you might get hired by a regional airline such as Comair for 25K and then you had to pay them 10K for your type rating in their aircraft.

With a wife, a mortgage and a child on the way, I just couldn't pull the trigger. But I used to take him flying as a little guy and he caught the bug.

After the first top gun I applied to the Navy but it didn't work out. Later in my early 30s I wanted the career change and started the civilian route. Got my private license, my instrument license, and started working on my commercial. But you had to be able to starve for many years back in those days. Like 15,000 or 20,000 a year. In the '90s you might get hired by a regional airline such as Comair for 25K and then you had to pay them 10K for your type rating in their aircraft.

With a wife, a mortgage and a child on the way, I just couldn't pull the trigger. But I used to take him flying as a little guy and he caught the bug.
Proud Daddy, and deservedly so. Well done.

Reactions: FSUfan1973
Nothing but love from this old Airedale. Congratulations young man! Help keep those ground troops safe and have fun owning the skies!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT