ADVERTISEMENT

FSU soccer takes 4-1 win over ND

Bob Ferrante

Ultimate Seminole Insider
Staff
May 10, 2022
FSU sports information:

The No. 1 Florida State women's soccer team (11-0-1, 6-0-1) won 4-1 against No. 11 Notre Dame (9-2-3, 5-1-1) Thursday evening to secure the top spot in the ACC standings in front of a near capacity crowd at the Seminole Soccer Complex. The Seminoles now sit alone at the top of the ACC Standings with 19 points followed by Notre Dame with 16 points and North Carolina with 14 points. FSU also improved 28-0-0 at home when they are ranked No. 1

The Seminoles struck early in the first half as Jordynn Dudley dribbled through defenders and put a ball in the box for Onyi Echegini who squeaked it by the Fighting Irish defensive to give the Noles the lead. Notre Dame struck back later in the first half at the 28th minute of play to even the score.Echegini struck again right before halftime as she received a ball from Leah Pais, made the turn just inside the box and fired a ball that ricocheted off the goalie and into the back of the net. This was Echegini's second brace of the season, and she is now tied for the team high in goals.

The second half started slow, but the Seminoles continued to control possession to put pressure on the Fighting Irish. FSU finally broke through in the 68th minute as Kaitlyn Zipay sent a perfect ball into Jody Brown in the 68th minute. Brown just got enough of her leg on it to squeak it past the goalie to give the Noles the two-goal lead. Leilanni Nesbethput the icing on the cake in the 77th minute as she took a shot from way beyond the box to put the game away.

Cristina Roque earned another win for the Seminoles in the goal while making a season-high four saves, all of which came in the first half.

FSU will be back at the Seminole Soccer Complex next Thursday when they take on No. 17 Pitt. Kickoff is set for 7 p.m. on ACCNX

A rocket for the fourth goal:

I don't know what's happened to all of our so called "fans" on here...Our ladies are enjoying an incredible season but they've disappeared.

Mark Krikorian was (and remains) a Seminole legend. That said, what Pensky has brought to this program in showcasing attackers' skills, complementing the defensive legacy Coach K developed and fostered over so many years, is an absolute joy to watch.

Another impressive win for the Noles! I was a little concerned when ND picked it up a bit after their goal, but the noles dominated the second half. Impressive to see them take apart a really good team like they did last night.

Mark Krikorian was (and remains) a Seminole legend. That said, what Pensky has brought to this program in showcasing attackers' skills, complementing the defensive legacy Coach K developed and fostered over so many years, is an absolute joy to watch.
Agree. Mark was amazing. But BP has done an incredible job.

Reactions: NoleLizards
And P.S., I missed the first 3 innings of the Braves playoff game to watch the Lady Noles and I'm SO glad I did!

I don't know what's happened to all of our so called "fans" on here...Our ladies are enjoying an incredible season but they've disappeared.
The article said there was a near-capacity crowd at the game. I think our ladies couldn't care less how many "fans" come to this message board.

• Haha
Wow, you told me!
My apologies, I did not mean to come across as being critical of your comments. I was just pointing out that we are getting a lot of fans showing up at the games, which is the most important part of supporting our soccer team. Showing support through this message board is nice also. Feel better? :)

Nice win. Who am I kidding? Great win! Joe almost had the hat trick. Ran is really stepping up. Jody, Jordynn, jeez. Lotta talent working well together.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT