ADVERTISEMENT

Cross Country FSU to compete in Wisconsin Pre-National

Bob Ferrante

Ultimate Seminole Insider
Staff
May 10, 2022
FSU sports information:

The Florida State cross country teams will be racing in the Wisconsin Pre-National meet on Saturday in Madison at the Thomas Zimmer Championship Cross Country Course. The meet will also serve as a precursor to the 2024 NCAA Championship.

The Seminoles will run in the championship races, with the women’s 6k starting at 11 a.m., followed by the men’s 8k at 11:40 a.m. Live timing and a live stream will be available.

The meet will feature 37 of 64 ranked teams in the USTFCCCA, including the 27th-ranked FSU men’s team.

Nicole Dinan placed ninth in the women’s 5k with a time of 17:19.7 at the FSU XC Invitational. The Cork, Ireland native collected the ACC Women’s Freshman of the Week honors for her efforts.

“We are excited to head back to the Thomas Zimmer Championship Cross Country Course,” said FSU women’s head coach Cody Halsey. “I’m really looking forward to lining these women up against so many nationally ranked teams. They have been working tirelessly putting our final pieces together and I truly think they’re ready to do something special. I'm grateful for the opportunity to compete.”

The Seminoles picked up its second team win of the season, led by Lucas Bouquot, who placed sixth in the men’s 8k with a career best of 24:43.0

Patrick Donnelly followed in seventh with a lifetime best of 24:44.9. Wynne Thomas was the third Nole to cross the line, adding a lifetime best of 24:48.3.

“Our excitement is high as we head back to Wisconsin this weekend,” said assistant coach Ian Frazier. “Our guys have done a fantastic job in training since our first outing at the Nuttycombe Invite, and we’ve added a few young guys to this travel squad that we’re excited to expose to some high-level competition.”

“I’ve tasked these guys with finding opportunities for improvement in their races this weekend,” added Frazier. “Whether that’s improvement in mindset, race execution or in patience. If we can all do those things, I think the team result will follow.”

Reactions: rkcnoles
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.