ADVERTISEMENT

Funny Deckerhoff Stories...What You Got?

Palm Valley Nole

Ultimate Seminole Insider
Gold Member
Nov 5, 2003
Atlantic Beach, Florida
A good buddy of mine used to work for Seminole Boosters, Inc. and from time to time traveled with Gene.

He called me today when he heard the news that Gene was retiring and told me a couple of funny Gene stories from his days with SBI.

The first one he told me was the football team was up at Boston College and it was snowing. The game was the next night and he hears through some of the support staff that Deckerhoff is looking for him. So he calls Gene and says "you looking for me?"

Gene says yes, aren't you from this part of the country? My buddy says I'm from New York. Gene says do you know how to drive in snow? My buddy says yes I do.... where do you need to go?

Gene says I need a liquor store....so they drive around and can't find one so Deckerhoff says just pull into any 7-11 and I'll just get some beer.

The other one he told me was Deckerhoff used to have a morning radio show in Tallahassee. One morning he's over at Gene's house and it's time for Gene's radio show.

Gene is drinking a cup of coffee and snaps the Democrat open and starts basically reading the sports page over the radio.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News