ADVERTISEMENT

Godfather Re-edit

Fijimn

Veteran Seminole Insider
May 7, 2008
I don't know if it was posted. Looks like HBO edited Godfather I and II to make show the film in chronological order instead of the flashbacks of a young Vito Corleone. Showing again on September 23rd.

Wonder if it's the same Godfather Saga that was shown on network TV back in the 80s? That version was in chronological order and included a few minutes of extra footage that was not part of GF 1 or GF 2. The extra footage expanded on existing scenes, nothing new was really added to the plots.

The Godfather Saga was rather interesting to watch having seen it all before the normal way. As I recall, the first hour plus was subtitled.

I am eager to see this, DVRed it when it was on and will get around to it eventually...7h 10m!

I've been watching it tonight. Frankie Five Angels just appeared...one of the great nicknames in movies.

Wonder if it's the same Godfather Saga that was shown on network TV back in the 80s? That version was in chronological order and included a few minutes of extra footage that was not part of GF 1 or GF 2. The extra footage expanded on existing scenes, nothing new was really added to the plots.

I was wondering the same thing as I had seen that cut before too. Same concept but there has been a few scenes from 1 & 2 that I don't remember seeing before. I could be wrong though. Could be one of those things where an additional 30 sec clip that hit the cutting room floor was added back in to the feature.

I can't believe in all of the times I have seen both 1 & 2 I just put something together about one of the characters I guess I had never paid that close of attention too. Goodness. Knew the character of course but man. Slacker.

Hmm, maybe that was a newly inserted 5 sec clip that put it together. I'll have to fast forward through the DVD to check.

Yep, added clip. I can see why several of of the clips they added in to this edition weren't part of the 1 or 2 but that short one was helpful.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT