ADVERTISEMENT

Gotham

nolelan

Veteran Seminole Insider
Gold Member
Mar 29, 2002
Riverview
I have never seen this show but this new season apparently focuses on the villains and looks interesting to me. Does anyone know if this is a stand alone season or if you have to watch the previous season(s) to understand what is going on?

Probably need to watch the first season for some background on the characters. I watched the first season and enjoyed it.

Reactions: nolelan
I really liked the first season, which usually means it would be cancelled. So happy it was renewed!

I think it starts back up tonight.
Does it? That's good! I've got everything set to DVR, because I never remember to watch things when they come on. Most evenings are like small Christmas's for me when I find out that there are new shows that are ready for me to watch.

Except for sports, I don't think that there are any shows that I really even know what day/time they originally aired. DVR is great, because I can actually watch series that you have to follow, instead of only watching one-off shows that I can enjoy without having to be "caught up".

I have never seen this show but this new season apparently focuses on the villains and looks interesting to me. Does anyone know if this is a stand alone season or if you have to watch the previous season(s) to understand what is going on?

Probably do need to watch the first season although if you decided not to I think you'd follow along just fine. I enjoyed season one for the most part but the show did struggle to find a direction. Some weeks it played like a typical cop procedural and then it might jump to the comic books stuff the next. I've read that this season is much more focused which is good.

Reactions: nolelan
Probably do need to watch the first season although if you decided not to I think you'd follow along just fine. I enjoyed season one for the most part but the show did struggle to find a direction. Some weeks it played like a typical cop procedural and then it might jump to the comic books stuff the next. I've read that this season is much more focused which is good.

Yeah it was all over the map with no cohesive identity which is one reason it was my least favorite superhero show on and I was maybe one more bad episode away from dumping it from the DVR. Fish in particular was horrific every time she was on tv but every scene with baby Batman and baby Catwoman was almost as nauseating. The quickly cancelled Constantine was much better.

If Daredevile was a 10/10 (and it was) and Agents of Shield, Flash and Arrow were all in the 6-7 range, then Constantine was a 4 and Gotham was a 2 or 3.

Helpful to watch last season for background but you could probably follow along fine on the new episodes without having to re watch last year.

Agree with the others that said the first season was all over the map. Most episodes were the police catch the villain of the week type show with side stories involving recurring villains/mafia characters mixed in with the young Bruce Wayne/Catwoman story. I hope the show picks more of a focus this year and decides what story it wants to develop.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT