ADVERTISEMENT

Hard Knocks Last Night

Fijimn

Veteran Seminole Insider
May 7, 2008
These have been very good episodes (bias admitted). Man, that segment on O'Brien and his son Jack had me in tears. While we were in the NICU, a baby came in with a similar type of genetic mutation and it just killed me (you try to keep to yourself, but when you are in a pod with 7 other preemies, it's tough to mind your own business). Anyway, good show for a team that will hopefully go 8-8.

Yeah it's been good. Tough to dislike O'Brien when you see what he has going on at home. And JJ Watt is absurd. That one series where he had two sacks and a batted pass and then coming in on goal line and blasting that RB. Rookie skits are also hilarious.

I love O'Brien because he's everything Kubiak wasn't. He's a tough coach, but also fair and you can tell the players respond well to it.

The sad part is that you read the boards and people are ready to run him out of town for starting Hoyer over Mallett. While I'm less than thrilled with him starting, it's not like they've really had any better options (outside of trading up 1 pick to get Bridgewater). Neither have really looked stellar in preseason (not surprising IMO).

The fact that they went 9-7 last year with Fitzpatrick, Mallett and Keenum starting at QB shows he knows how to manage a team and doesn't try to keep forcing things like Kubiak always did.

Love the show as well, coach and family seem like great people.

JJ Watt is amazing. I am a Giant fan but will turn on Texans games just to see this guy play. I have never seen anything like it, completely dominant the possibly the best defensive player I've seen since LT.

Yeah, Real Sports did a segment on his family a while back, I think when he took the Penn State job. Seems like a good dad. Able to balance both his home and professional life, which wouldn't be easy.

JJ Watt is a (as my old high school coach would say) a Manster. That hit he had on goal line when they called him in was sick.

Well, Ryan Mallett didn't show up for practice today after being told he was not the starter. Should make for interesting drama next week.

Well, Ryan Mallett didn't show up for practice today after being told he was not the starter. Should make for interesting drama next week.

He named starter on Sunday I believe.

Yeah, Real Sports did a segment on his family a while back, I think when he took the Penn State job. Seems like a good dad. Able to balance both his home and professional life, which wouldn't be easy.

JJ Watt is a (as my old high school coach would say) a Manster. That hit he had on goal line when they called him in was sick.

It looks like he is an All American 5th year senior playing against a bunch of true freshman. Dude is the real deal.

Mallet playing soccer/tennis and sleeping on the floor are probably good indications as to why he isn't the starter.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT