ADVERTISEMENT

Hey You *&%^$#@....that ghost ant remedy?

rhurner

Starter
Aug 6, 2002
One of you jokers had some recipe for some natural spay to get rid of ghost ants? Give it up for a beleaguered soul.

Yep......tried urine and sugar water. They seem to be more prevalent so I've tried to free pee less. As for burning the house down......my wife and daughter tried that from the oven but the fire extinguisher worked. They did enjoy cleaning up the extinguisher residue though.

Thx for the edit Jimmy or whomever. But seriously...was it vinegar and borax or WT frog?

Reactions: DFSNOLE
Borax sugar water

I put it in beer caps in their path. Worked well for me.

This is it. We used it last year and it worked like a champ. They came back a month ago, set the bait again, and they are gone once again.

(Thanks Free)

This is it. We used it last year and it worked like a champ. They came back a month ago, set the bait again, and they are gone once again.

(Thanks Free)
TY Free and danny C. After a little search I saw essentially what you have posted to be the best answer. They actually recommend a protein and a sugar based bait (with boric acid) and to not make it too strong as you want the workers to take it back to the nest as opposed to the workers keeling over immediately.

TY Free and danny C. After a little search I saw essentially what you have posted to be the best answer. They actually recommend a protein and a sugar based bait (with boric acid) and to not make it too strong as you want the workers to take it back to the nest as opposed to the workers keeling over immediately.

yup...our first trap was to strong and they got stuck in the syrup, another batch the poison appeared to be to strong and they died almost on contact. You have to find the perfect bowl of porridge. It works very well once you get it right.

Our neighbor had the same issues and used this, they said it worked great. Looks to be the same concept.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/17165156?...29881872&wl4=&wl5=pla&wl6=81187379192&veh=sem

Buy a product called " gourmet ant bait "and apply it n their formations or in areas you have seen them come and go. It's slow acting so the queen will receive it and die before she can bud the colony into several. Once the queen dies, the ants will not eat without her pheromone to tell them to, thus killing the colony.
*** Actually it may be called Ant Gourmet. You can get it at Lowes.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT