ADVERTISEMENT

Interesting shark attack video

FSUTribe76

Veteran Seminole Insider
Jan 23, 2008
So as someone traumatized as a kid by a shark bump (I didn't see what species but where I was it was most likely a bull, Sandtiger or lemon and bump means where they circle and then scratch with their sandpaper skin before biting as a threat display and test), I've always been fascinated and paranoid about shark attacks all at the same time. When my wife wanted to take surfing lessons at Bondi Beach in Sydney where I've seen plenty of great whites filmed and they have a permanent shark watch team including helicopters, I basically complained for three months ahead of time and then was pretty %*% nervous swimming out over my head to catch the waves. So when I read there was a new fatal shark attack recorded by accident at a beach in Australia I've been trying to find it (it was on liveleak but taken down). When I searched this time I accidentally found this video that will make you want to hit the commentators.

Apparently about six months or so ago, some fisherman on Manhattan beach were chumming for sharks right next to where people frequently swim. They hooked a "small" 7 foot great white and then toyed with it for half an hour even though it's an endangered species and they knew what they'd hooked. Then they let it go into a place where swimmers were and surprise surprise it attacked and pretty severely mauled a guy. The fishermen then laugh hilariously as they wounded swimmer screams his head off.

So I thought this was interesting for a lot of reasons. 1) Shark attack on video. 2) Idiots laughing about someone possibly being eaten alive. 3) Legal liability as far as their intentional endangerment of both an endangered species and a human.

An article showing it was real is here

http://www.dailybreeze.com//general-news/20140706/great-white-shark-attack-video-shows-fisherman-laughing-swimmer-bitten-near-manhattan-beach

The video is attached.

video here

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT