ADVERTISEMENT

Israel is opting for the new Stealth Eagle in lieu of more of the boondoggle F-35

http://foxtrotalpha.jalopnik.com/f-15-silent-eagle-may-get-a-reprieve-as-israel-requests-1740179374

Perhaps the Air Force should do the same. The Marines and Navy are screwed but maybe the AF can dig themselves out of the F-35 cesspool.

Anybody wonder why this country is in so much debt? I'm from D.C. and I'll say the most impressive thing about the area is that those is that the Big 3 (politicians, government contractors, and lobbyists) certainly know how to get and spend other people's money, whether or not there is any real value to the country involved. The service industry doing the grunt work for the Big 3 also gets some nice crumbs from the pie.

Reactions: FSUTribe76
Can someone clarify, does this 'compensation package' mean U.S. taxpayers get to buy Israel these jets, or simply that the U.S. government will allow Israel to buy these jets?

Can someone clarify, does this 'compensation package' mean U.S. taxpayers get to buy Israel these jets, or simply that the U.S. government will allow Israel to buy these jets?

I took it to mean that the US taxpayers get to buy Israel these jets, the US gives Israel $2 Billion/year and I always assumed they preferred weapons over cash.

I took it to mean that the US taxpayers get to buy Israel these jets, the US gives Israel $2 Billion/year and I always assumed they preferred weapons over cash.

I knew annually we give Israel and Egypt 'aid' as part of Carter helping buying peace between them back in the 70s, but I thought that was basically all recycled into the US MIC.
I guess this is just more of the same.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT