ADVERTISEMENT

It's Officially Hurricane Season

We had 80+ mph winds here last Tuesday. Trees and fences down everywhere and 600,000+ folks lost power. Got good use out of my genny for a few hours.
Our bad weather season started last month. Ends later this month with 100 degree days.
Good luck down there this summer.

Odds on people not moving here anymore from up north? Zero?
I just saw a very surprising number of oceanfront homes being built up and down A1A from Ponte Vedra to Vero Beach.
These had (or should have) to have permits issued by several agencies beyond just the local county.
Now, I’m probably not far off base guessing that most of these are not going to have a mortgage and thus aren’t required by any bank to obtain insurance - wealthy individuals who choose to self- insure.
At least I hope that’s the case. We cannot endure any more “crises” in the insurance industry nor can we endure a rash of named storms that bring destruction to homes and lives. Most will be “fish storms” but all it takes is one
Places that were pine/palmetto scrub woods are now big subdivisions housing newcomers in areas where it might not be the best locations - in homes that could be flooded more easily, given the fact that our land used to be underwater.
But get those tax exempt economy size packages of batteries now while theres a tax free holiday!

Last year was supposed to be above average too and thankfully it wasn't. Let's hope the same is true this year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT