ADVERTISEMENT

Jameis and the Buc's in 2016, thoughts and predictions.....

Duo

Veteran Seminole Insider
Jul 23, 2006
  • How do you think Jameis will do?
  • How do you think the team will do?
  • W/L predictions for Tampa Bay?

Jameis will improve, further illustrating his legitimacy as a starting qb in the league. I think he can get to a 2:1 or 2.5:1 touchdown to int ratio.

The bucs were not a good team last year and played an easy schedule. They need a lot of players to be a good team. Getting rid of Lovie will absolutely help their defense though. I would guess 7 or 8 wins playing a harder schedule.

Last edited:
If he were doing this for FSU this year it would be another NC.........

I think we go .500 with a chance to be a bit higher. Our defense was terrible last year. While I was surprised Lovie was fired, I was not upset as it was obvious who was responsible for the offensive improvements. I think we'll be better just due to defensive changes. Jameis will also be a bit better and we're bringing in some of the pieces he needs. I don't think we're a playoff team yet, but the team's actually heading in the right direction for the first time in over a decade.

I think we go .500 with a chance to be a bit higher. Our defense was terrible last year. While I was surprised Lovie was fired, I was not upset as it was obvious who was responsible for the offensive improvements. I think we'll be better just due to defensive changes. Jameis will also be a bit better and we're bringing in some of the pieces he needs. I don't think we're a playoff team yet, but the team's actually heading in the right direction for the first time in over a decade.

Well, that's refreshing to hear after hearing all the super negative comments about the entire team when Jameis was drafted. What he's done there is a minor miracle!

The big news around town is that JW is in very good shape - been working out hard & lost the spare tire he's been carrying the last couple of seasons.
I think he has a monster year, though I don't think they do any better than 500. D will still be shaky, schedule is far tougher; that combo adds up to a slightly better record for a much improved team that wins the division the following year.

The big news around town is that JW is in very good shape - been working out hard & lost the spare tire he's been carrying the last couple of seasons.
I think he has a monster year, though I don't think they do any better than 500. D will still be shaky, schedule is far tougher; that combo adds up to a slightly better record for a much improved team that wins the division the following year.
Agree with this. I see them somewhere in the 7-9 to 9-7 range. They have some very good top end players, but the guys around those top players are very questionable.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT