ADVERTISEMENT

Judge Rules Against NFL, Tom Brady will Play

I got Brady at a steal in all my leagues, round 7 or later. Pretty happy with the ruling. I was still planning on him not playing at least 2 games. Will take him some time to shake off the rust, I'd imagine.

Terrible. The NFL should have every right to discipline their employees.

Reactions: BelemNole
Apparently neutral parties don't like the idea of a single man being judge, jury and executioner. Goodell exercises his power like Kim Jong-un.

So what. If a player doesn't want to be subject to discipline, he doesn't have to play in the NFL. He can go to the CFL, or he can go get a job in the regular working world.

So what. If a player doesn't want to be subject to discipline, he doesn't have to play in the NFL. He can go to the CFL, or he can go get a job in the regular working world.

I just skimmed the judge's decision but it appears the league ran roughshod over the entire process. Same as a company completely disregarding a collective bargaining process they agreed to.

Apparently neutral parties don't like the idea of a single man being judge, jury and executioner. Goodell exercises his power like Kim Jong-un.

Don't get me wrong, not a Goodell fan. But, wasn't that the main crux of the most recent Collective Bargaining? The teams gave up more $ to the players, and the NFLPA gave the authority to Goodell. They signed up for that, right?

Don't get me wrong, not a Goodell fan. But, wasn't that the main crux of the most recent Collective Bargaining? The teams gave up more $ to the players, and the NFLPA gave the authority to Goodell. They signed up for that, right?

Generally speaking, that's my understanding. But apparently the judge didn't see it that way. I don't particularly care for Brady. But I like Goodell a lot less.

Reactions: ReliableOstrich
Yep, and Goodell should have followed the punishment in the rules and fined Brady $25,000. All this arises from that whinny pill-head, Jim Irsay.

Reactions: ReliableOstrich
I just skimmed the judge's decision but it appears the league ran roughshod over the entire process. Same as a company completely disregarding a collective bargaining process they agreed to.
So, in essence, the judge didn't rule on the specific punishment as much as he ruled on the agreement that governs the process? I can buy that.

So, in essence, the judge didn't rule on the specific punishment as much as he ruled on the agreement that governs the process? I can buy that.
Yup, this was more an opinion on the agreement / the NFLs adherence to it.
This has nothing to do about Tom's balls.

CN_H_YPUEAAOViG.jpg

Reactions: RTM58 and Gonolz

This makes sense. So I'm assuming that Brady will pay the $25,000 then

Brady is a cheating dirtbag.
That's not the issue here. The judge ruled on the agreement in place between the NFL and the Players Association, which apparently Goodell ran roughshod over.

The NFL screwed themselves, despite the fact that Brady is a cheating dirtbag.

I think both Goodell and Brady suck equally, so I'm hoping that they both continue fighting and appealing and dragging this stupid non-issue out for as long as possible. I watch sports to be entertained, and these idiots are entertaining me, so carry on!

That's not the issue here. The judge ruled on the agreement in place between the NFL and the Players Association, which apparently Goodell ran roughshod over.

The NFL screwed themselves, despite the fact that Brady is a cheating dirtbag.
I understand the decision....which does not change the fact that Brady is a cheating dirtbag....but I would NOT kick his wife out of bed for eating crackers.

I can't say I am a fan of Goodell for the record FWIW.

Good for Brady, makes the Pats/Brady haters butthurt all the more enjoyable.

It's still a win-win for both parties. Goodell (with his gross misuse of his power) looks like he was being tough and defending the games "integrity". Judge does the right thing, gets a star player back on the field and Goodell/NFL continue making boatloads of money.

Reactions: noleclone2
I'm a Pats fan and I'm not certain how I feel about the "cheating" component of this
If I had to bet, yea he probably did (most QBs prob do but that doesn't make it okay).
However, there wasn't enough evidence for the NFL to ding him for it and even if he did 'cheat', 4 games is a disproportionate punishment for the 'crime'.

But my real thought is... what a monumental waste of friggin time. Two d'bags, Goodell and Brady, bickering over ego in a federal court. Wish these a-holes would stop wasting the court's time for their idiotic d9ck measuring contest. SMDH.

The idea that Goodell says "Brady just say you did it and I'll reduce it to 1-2 games" is ridic -- if he admits it, keep the goddamn 4 games. I applaud Brady for not bowing at Goodells feet and wish Adrian Peterson had fought his NFL suspension last year just as vigorously.

Goodell is drunk on power and money.

I'm a Pats fan and I'm not certain how I feel about the "cheating" component of this
If I had to bet, yea he probably did (most QBs prob do but that doesn't make it okay).
However, there wasn't enough evidence for the NFL to ding him for it and even if he did 'cheat', 4 games is a disproportionate punishment for the 'crime'.

But my real thought is... what a monumental waste of friggin time. Two d'bags, Goodell and Brady, bickering over ego in a federal court. Wish these a-holes would stop wasting the court's time for their idiotic d9ck measuring contest. SMDH.

The idea that Goodell says "Brady just say you did it and I'll reduce it to 1-2 games" is ridic -- if he admits it, keep the goddamn 4 games. I applaud Brady for not bowing at Goodells feet and wish Adrian Peterson had fought his NFL suspension last year just as vigorously.

Goodell is drunk on power and money.

This is why lawyers will always be rich. People do stupid stuff. Egos, greed, stubbornness, corruption and sometimes innocent mistakes. Just keep screwing up and sending $$ to the lawyers.

This is perhaps neither here nor there but I really hate the NFL. This whole fiasco has only made me hate the NFL that much more.

The balls were deflated for a reason - someone obviously thought they would gain an advantage....but I doubt Indy would have made a game of it if their balls were filled......

Wait, that came out wrong....

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT