ADVERTISEMENT

Football Kutz Column: Don't Panic, Move Forward

JerryKutz

Ultimate Seminole Insider
Staff
May 3, 2022
I watched the game in person. Have watched a replay. Have read the Osceola's Curt Weiler's and Pat Burnham's takes on the game as well as many of yours on the Osceola Village.
I totally agree it was a disappointing performance in a game I thought FSU would win 24-10.
There are certainly concerns coming out of the game, I agree.
That was last Saturday. Today is Tuesday, an eternity in college football and while I agree with what others have written, there's no purpose in me rehashing what you all saw with your own eyes.

In this column I acknowledge concerns and offer a few of my own observations and perspectives because history tells us very good Florida State teams have been right here before, 0-1 or 0-2 to open the season. There were plenty of questions back then. Was it coaching or a lack of talent caused by lousy recruiting?

Those questions persisted until those slow-starting teams finished 11-1 and 10-2 with a state championship, ACC Championship, Bowl Championship and a top 5 finish. So how did the Bowden staff manage to develop those individuals into a team ? And my thoughts on how will Mike Norvell approach it this week.

Florida State has been knocked down but they are far from knocked out... especially with a 12-team playoff.
It's time to get off the mat, use the film to correct the issues, and move forward.

This is premium content. Please subscribe to view.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.