ADVERTISEMENT

Football Lawrance Toafili shows off added weight, seeks to maximize last year at FSU

Bob Ferrante

Ultimate Seminole Insider
Staff
May 10, 2022
Lawrance Toafili was among the first Florida State veterans to commit to another season with the program in 2024. And he’s ensured that his last ride will be meaningful to himself and his teammates.

Toafili has always been on the slender side for a 6-foot tailback, playing at a listed weight of 188 last fall. But he put on 11 pounds in the spring, has kept it on through the summer and broke the rock last week when FSU wrapped up its offseason conditioning program and began its transition to preseason camp.

“I’m honored, I’m grateful for that,” Toafili said of breaking the rock, a tradition Mike Norvell and Josh Storms have instilled at FSU. “It’s big to me, knowing that it’s my last time. They see all the work that I’ve been putting in.”

Through FSU's first two practices this preseason, Toafili is running well at 199 pounds and is showing his trademark soft hands as a pass catcher out of the backfield, too.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.