ADVERTISEMENT

Locker Room help needed in Pensacola

Gonolz

Veteran Seminole Insider
Aug 6, 2002
Indian Rocks Beach
The Locker Room is always good about helping those in need, so I'll give it a shot here.

A friend of a friend in Pensacola has hemolytic uremic syndrome and is in desperate need of type A+ blood over the next several days. They have 8 units for her today, but need more for the next few days. I don't have all the details at this point, but if you know of anyone in Pensacola with type A+ blood who could donate, it would be greatly appreciated.

If you know someone, you can reach me at fsujim1233 at yahoo dot com and I'll get the details.

Thanks.

Reactions: FSUTribe76
How long will he/she be in need? I may be able to assist in a week or so if still needed.

Out of curiosity, A+ is very common. Is there really a shortage of A+ in the blood banks? Maybe I should be a regular donor.

How long will he/she be in need? I may be able to assist in a week or so if still needed.

Out of curiosity, A+ is very common. Is there really a shortage of A+ in the blood banks? Maybe I should be a regular donor.

From what I understand, she will need a good amount, more than they can assure for the next few days. After that, I don't know. I don't know much about blood/bloodbanks, so I don't know if there is a shortage or what. I think it is a good thing overall if people who can donate, do so regardless of type.

Eh, the vampires always steal from us Cylons (aka O positive blood) because we're the universal donor. So even if they're out of A+, they can always use my Cylon kin's blood. That's why I get harassed constantly by the Tally blood services to come in donate. Of course if I ever got into trouble myself there wouldn't be any O+ for me because they waste it on you normies.

Sidenote to the OP, I'm in Tampa tomorrow and through the weekend and in Orlando next week but I'll be back in two weeks and if she still needs help I can contribute a pint of my Cylon blood.

Eh, the vampires always steal from us Cylons (aka O positive blood) because we're the universal donor. So even if they're out of A+, they can always use my Cylon kin's blood. That's why I get harassed constantly by the Tally blood services to come in donate. Of course if I ever got into trouble myself there wouldn't be any O+ for me because they waste it on you normies.

Sidenote to the OP, I'm in Tampa tomorrow and through the weekend and in Orlando next week but I'll be back in two weeks and if she still needs help I can contribute a pint of my Cylon blood.

Thanks Tribe, I'm not sure what the whole situation is, just know she needs the juice the next few days. Thanks to you and NSB for offering for next week. I'll update if she needs past the next few days.

The Locker Room sometimes shows dark humor and the bad side of people, but this place also shows the best side of people too.

Reactions: FSUTribe76
I have A+, but just donated recently. I donate regularly and wish more people would. It is the gift of life! So easy to do, an hour or so every two months.

I have A+, but just donated recently. I donate regularly and wish more people would. It is the gift of life! So easy to do, an hour or so every two months.
This reminds me that I need to get around to this soon. I'm B-, which is pretty rare. So, I try to give when I can. Probably need to more often.

I thought 0- was the universal. That's my type and I gave regularly when I was younger and was not on blood thinner. The blood bank told me they could use it on the premi's.

All Cylons/O's are highly sought after. O-Positive can donate to 62% of the population ie all blood with positive Rh factors. Technically O-Negative can donate to 100% of the population but because they suck us O-Positive types dry, in reality they use the O-Negatives only for the other 38% of the population unless it is an extreme emergency.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT