ADVERTISEMENT

Matanzas High Teacher’s Aide Viciously Beaten by 6’6” Teen Student

FisherWilcoxTaggart Survivor

Ultimate Seminole Insider
Gold Member
Nov 22, 2020
…..for taking away his Nintendo Switch due to misuse in class. The video footage of the attack is brutal.

The aide remains hospitalized in very serious condition.

Sad. Too many of our public schools have become completely dysfunctional, where underpaid teachers and staffers are basically tasked with babysitting troubled kids who lack any semblance of discipline, encouragement or love at home.

…..for taking away his Nintendo Switch due to misuse in class. The video footage of the attack is brutal.

Sad. Too many of our public schools have become completely dysfunctional, where underpaid teachers and staffers are basically tasked with babysitting troubled kids who lack any semblance of discipline, encouragement or love at home.
Sadly this kid will get little or no punishment.

Reactions: WillyNole
I feel bad for some of these kids. The public school system is a joke and if those in charge were so worried about kids, they'd put money into schools specifically for special needs in every county.

Reactions: WillyNole
if those in charge were so worried about kids, they'd put money into schools specifically for special needs in every county.
Special needs students receive two and half times more funding than regular students. Money is not the real issue.

This mindset would be a big part of the problem: "that this is being portrayed that this child is a threat, and that this is all on him. This is not this child’s fault. He is not a threat.”

Last edited:

What I can't understand is why were there some 2,000 teaching vacancies in the state.... (sarcasm).
Another thankless job.

Last edited:
Special needs students receive two and half times more funding than regular students. Money is not the real issue.

This mindset would be a big part of the problem: "that this is being portrayed that this child is a threat, and that this is all on him. This is not this child’s fault. He is not a threat.”
Go on. So its not the students fault that he felt the proper reaction to losing his toy due to his own actions was violence? Or did I miss the sarcasm font?

Where is the money being invested? I guess I should have said it better. Individuals like him should not be part of the county high school. Some need their own school as they obviously can't integrate. It's like putting a chimpanzee in a cage full of birds and hoping the chimpanzee doesn't kill any of them.

Last edited:
Its the parents job as much as they like to think its the schools or someone else's responsibility.
They just dump them off. My mom taught for 25 years (plus or minus). She started at a small public elementary school, very low income area, went to private school and then finished at two different public schools, same as she started and an area she thought would be slightly better. She had to peel kids off the floor, help them not deficate their pants, etc... she had a parent tell her the kid isn't her problem while he is at school lol...

I can go on for days.

They just dump them off. My mom taught for 25 years (plus or minus). She started at a small public elementary school, very low income area, went to private school and then finished at two different public schools, same as she started and an area she thought would be slightly better. She had to peel kids off the floor, help them not deficate their pants, etc... she had a parent tell her the kid isn't her problem while he is at school lol...

I can go on for days.
The mentality appears to be: schools are supposed to teach, that's their job (which it is) but the parents then remove themselves and don't take an active role in their own kids' education. Easier to blame the school, the teacher, or some book they find offensive.

The mentality appears to be: schools are supposed to teach, that's their job (which it is) but the parents them remove themselves from situation and don't take an active role in their own kids' education. Easier to blame the school, the teacher, or some book they find offensive.
Culture is the problem.

6'6" Phenom? Too soon?

ARE YOU KIDDING ME??? Some posters on here said IT IS Not THE CHILD'S FAULT, HE IS NOT A THREAT!! As a retired Principal, Special Ed. students or not, when you beat a person into submission you are a threat!!! I sincerely hope this youngster and his parents are held to the strictness punishment allowed by law and they are enforced!! If this had been my wife or daughter this student would never do this again I guarantee it!!

ARE YOU KIDDING ME??? Some posters on here said IT IS Not THE CHILD'S FAULT, HE IS NOT A THREAT!! As a retired Principal, Special Ed. students or not, when you beat a person into submission you are a threat!!! I sincerely hope this youngster and his parents are held to the strictness punishment allowed by law and they are enforced!! If this had been my wife or daughter this student would never do this again I guarantee it!!
I think you misread some things. We all, from what I've read, agree with you. We are just sharing the triggers behind it.

Reactions: noletaire
That was a quote in the article from a parent advocating on behalf of the student. That mindset defending the student is a big part of the problem.

The mentality appears to be: schools are supposed to teach, that's their job (which it is) but the parents then remove themselves and don't take an active role in their own kids' education. Easier to blame the school, the teacher, or some book they find offensive.
Sadly, this is a situation I am all too familiar with. My daughter is a special needs teacher (FSU grad, by the way!), and only a very small number of the parents of her children are actively involved in their child's education. It goes beyond that, though. Some of the rules and restrictions placed on the teachers by the school administration make their job very difficult if not almost impossible at times. It appears that the School Board is out of touch with the real needs of the students, not to mention the teaching staff.

Sadly, this is a situation I am all too familiar with. My daughter is a special needs teacher (FSU grad, by the way!), and only a very small number of the parents of her children are actively involved in their child's education. It goes beyond that, though. Some of the rules and restrictions placed on the teachers by the school administration make their job very difficult if not almost impossible at times. It appears that the School Board is out of touch with the real needs of the students, not to mention the teaching staff.
They're too busy worrying about their pension and human rights.

What he did was seriously bad for sure

He could easily have killed the aide

Watching the video it makes me wonder where are the grown men? All I see are overweight women
Seriously, hire some bad ass menfolk!

That young man was in a full rage!

Times have surely changed in school since my school days

Watching the video it makes me wonder where are the grown men? All I see are overweight women

That's what I wonder about. Hire some Vets to sit in those classrooms. See if one of those kids attack a ex Ranger or Seal like that. Once they get done picking the tile out of their teeth they will think about it more thoroughly.

I used to think home schooling was a crazy option. I still question how “that” impacts a kid’s socialization skills. But as many of our public schools continue to deteriorate, I can’t blame any family for wanting to keep their kids out of that environment. Some of them are REALLY bad, and neither safe nor conducive to meaningful education.

You miss the marine who casually walked up while it was happening?

Reactions: West Duval Nole
You miss the marine who casually walked up while it was happening?
Belem

I saw him stroll up

After she was stomped on and punched 12-14 times

She’s getting her azz kicked brutally

I would hope for more urgency and less hesitation from all that we’re present, especially a marine!

My first teaching job was at a behavior school. Each kid had a diagnosed behavior disorder, it was wild. We had to be trained to retrain kids, each classroom had a paraprofessional that was basically a body guard. The school also provided behavior therapy, counseling, life skills, etc... Problem is there might 2-3 schools north of Tampa that had this setting.

I could write a book on the problems with public schools but that's a debate for another day.

As far as someone mentioning getting retired vets in there, I agree. But parapro's get paid $14 an hour.

There was zero urgency, everyone is told you don’t jump in unless you’re restraint trained, but can’t believe no one stepped in with how bad the beating was.

Too many issues caused by blaming the disability and not holding the student accountable.

Someone mentioned parent involvement, when we have meetings for students. About half show up.

My first teaching job was at a behavior school. Each kid had a diagnosed behavior disorder, it was wild. We had to be trained to retrain kids, each classroom had a paraprofessional that was basically a body guard. The school also provided behavior therapy, counseling, life skills, etc... Problem is there might 2-3 schools north of Tampa that had this setting.

I could write a book on the problems with public schools but that's a debate for another day.

As far as someone mentioning getting retired vets in there, I agree. But parapro's get paid $14 an hour.

There was zero urgency, everyone is told you don’t jump in unless you’re restraint trained, but can’t believe no one stepped in with how bad the beating was.

Too many issues caused by blaming the disability and not holding the student accountable.

Someone mentioned parent involvement, when we have meetings for students. About half show up.
You hit the nail on the head. Don't forget about the potential lawsuits if you put your hands on a minor no matter how much he/she deserved it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT