ADVERTISEMENT

Golf Metraux finishes 18th at Olympics

Bob Ferrante

Ultimate Seminole Insider
Staff
May 10, 2022
FSU sports information:

Florida State All-American Morgane Metraux finished in a tie for 18th place with a four-round score of 2-under par 286 as play in the 2024 Olympic Women’s Golf Tournament at Le National Golf Course concluded. She finished as one of 24 players in the 60-player field to play under par golf for the four-round, 72-hole championship as she made her Olympic debut.

Metraux was the third player in school history to play in the Olympics and is the second player in school history to earn a top-20 finish in Olympic competition. Seminole All-American Matilda Castren finished in 10th place at the 2021 Tokyo Olympic games.

Lydia Ko of New Zealand won the gold medal, Esther Henseleit of Germany won the silver medal, and Xiyu Lin of China was awarded the bronze medal.

“I had an amazing experience,” said Metraux of her time in Paris. “It's unlike any other event I've ever played. To be able to represent your country on such a stage is incredible and have so many supporters here for me cheering my name, cheering for their country, it's been incredible.”

Metraux earned the incredible experience of playing in the final group of golfers on the final day of the championship.

“It's where you want to be. There's no better place to play golf on such a stage than the final group. The emotions are high when you play in a setting like this. Honestly I had fun. Today was a great experience and I'll draw a lot on it.”

The best surprise of the final day of competition came as her sister, Kim, arrived in Paris on the morning on the final round.

“Yes, that surprised me,” said Metraux. “It was fun. I didn't expect it at all, and apparently my whole family and friends knew all about it. They hid it really well from me. It was cool to just see her come on the range this morning.”

Reactions: dmitch32309
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT