ADVERTISEMENT

Miami Central, Northwestern -Prospects ADDED 5-17-2024

Fishbits

Ultimate Seminole Insider
Staff
Aug 1, 2022
Went by both schools yesterday. Teddy Bridgewater is retired from the NFL and is now the head coach at Northwestern. I have known Teddy since he was in high school. What a great person. You would never know he played in the NFL.

His roster is much improved. I expect them to be much better in his year. You can tell the players respect him. WR Calvin Russel -(2026) Antonio Branch CB who transferred form Booker T and fsu offered. They happen to be two of their best prospects. Miami Central is also loaded. Once I get the chance - I will break down both programs and their top prospects. I am heading over to cypress bay for their spring game.

Under the radar prospect / Kendrick Smith- avante Garde -2026 - LB he is probably 6'1 190 pounds. He is visiting FSU soon to work out. He looked good the day I went out to practice.

Miami Northwestern

DB-Antonio Branch - CB-6'2-170 (2025)
Branch has been offered by FSU. We have talked about the type of DB FSU is now offering. There is something in common with each one. They are all tall and long. Branch has the size to match up against a tight end if needed. He has good coverage skills. Many taller corners are stiff. That is not the case with Branch. He has some fludity to his game. He has four visits set up so far and not one to FSU. I would not be surprised if he came to FSU summer camp and worked out.

CB-Tywan Cox - 5'11-170 (2025) Cox is a track kid. He also comes from a footbal family. Torrie Cox played at University of Pittsburgh. He also attended Northwestern. He played in the NFL with the Bucs. Tywan is one of the better slot corners down in South Florida. He has the speed and quickness to match up against faster receivers. He has pretty good technique. He gets beat, Cox will try and come back the next play and beat you. Has some Power 4 offers.

WR-Calvin Russell-6'5-185-(2026) Russell is listed a five star WR on some sites. He has great size and can run. He has a little Kelvin Benjamin to his game. His size causes major problems for opposing defenses. He is someone that you can't just line up any defensive back against. He has pretty good hands. He plays with good body control. Put the ball up and Russell will come down with it. FSU has offered and stis in a solid spot with him right now.

LB-Desmond Johnson-6'1-190 (2026) FSU was one of his first offers. Johnson displays speed on film. He will fly around the field and make plays. He has a tendency to run around blocks. This is just what modern backers do in high school. Like to see him head downhill and shoot through the line of scrimmage to make plays. He can get out into the flats and cover. He cna also play in coverage. He has some tools but will need to improve certain parts of his game.

Miami Central

DT-Floyd Boucard-6'3-280 (2025)
Big fan of Floyd. Big, physical and plays with a bit of a mean streak. He is violent with his hands. You wand defensive lineman that can move people. That is what Floyd can do. He has a quick first step off the ball. He can bull rush a defender. He performed very well at UA where the OL were ok. When he went against Buchanan at the Rivals camp he did not get as many wins. Love his mentality and think he will be very good in college. FSU offered and is trying to get him on campus.

LB-Ezekiel Marcelin-6'0-200 (2025) Another player I really like. Looks like Kalen Deloach. Not the best body kid coming out of hs. That being said turn on Central film and you see him flash all over the field. He is physical in the run game. He is athletic enough to drop into coverage. Not the ideal size but Marcelin is a football player. Not every kid needs elite measurables.

WR-Naeshuan Montgomery -6'1-170(2025) Moved over from Cardinal Newman. He is on a run heavy football team. I still expect him to have a pretty good season. Montgomery runs good routes. He has pretty good hands. He can get separation. FSU has offered and showed some interest. We would like to know where he is on the receiver board. There are other guys higher up the list but Montgomery could move up the list if he goes to FSU camp and perfoms well.

DB-Amari Wallace-6'0-170 (2025) Wallace has some size. He is not real long for a defensive back. He has good (4.5) type speed but not elite. He is someone that has solid technique. Good player but I feel like FSU has better options. He would be in the 2nd tier of corners/safeties on their board.

DL-Randy Adirika - 6'4-265 (2025) Productive player in high school. Is he a defensive end? Is he an interior lineman? It will be interested to see if he shows up at camp. Good player but not one with great upside in my honest opinion. I also feel you take as many DL that want to come. Floyd is a definite take while Randy is a kid you take but will need to be developed.

S-Seko Smith -6'1-170 (2025) Smith has tools you will like. He has the size and length you want in a corner. He has some speed. He is someone that seems to have good ball skills. He will sit back and watch a quarterbacks eyes and react. He has the range to play on the back end. FSU has yet to offer but we could see them doing so at some point.

DB/LB-Karon Maycock-6'0-190 (2026) One of my favorite players this season. He performed very well at the Rivals camp. Listed as a safety but could see him grow into a linebacker. PHYSICALLY IMPRESSIVE LOOKING. He has good size and length. He can run. He showes physicality in games and practice. He seems to really like football. FSU has offered and I see him being a priority when all is said and done.

IMG_9181.JPG

LB-Steven Moore-6'0-215 (2028) Would not usually put a freshman up but this kid is that good. Jerry likes linebackers. Here si a kid that you watch. He had 22 tackles in a playoff game last year. He can play off the edge. You will see him play linebacker inside. He moves around the field and eats up ball carriers. You will see him shoot the gaps on run plays. He is not afraid to take on blocks. I expect him to be one of the top backers in his class.

Avante Garde

LB-Kendrick Smith -6'1-200-(2026)
Kendrick is heading to Tallahassee in the next week or so. I expect him to work out for the coaches. He looks the part. Avante Garde is new to football but it shows there is still talent out there from programs outside the big ones. Smith has all the tools to be a very good player at the next level. It will be interesting to see what he does once he works out for the FSU coaches.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News