ADVERTISEMENT

No real worries about Maguire

truenole

Veteran Seminole Insider
Sep 11, 2001
It's not going to be easy to be the Seminole QB that follows Jameis Winston. But I have reasonable expectations regarding Maguire's performance next year and I believe he can meet them...if the cast around him meets theirs as well, which I think is the bigger concern for 2015.

But there will be a large vocal minority (I HOPE) of Seminole fans who will unfairly compare him to one of the 3 best QB's in FSU history (not trying to start that debate) and the probable number one overall pick in the NFL draft, and they will never be satisfied with anything less than a Winston like performance.

Sean's a tough competitive kid who by all accounts loves the game of football. He has about 20 times the athletic ability of the doubters and critics on this board. He has some of the best coaching and support staff on the planet at his disposal. He's surrounded by blue chip talent. I see no reason he can't be successful and, despite losing up to 30 players over the last 3 years to the NFL, lead the FSU program to another ACC championship and a New Year's Day game.

I think I'm right. His critics and doubters think they are. Can't wait for the season to start!!

Posted from Rivals Mobile

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.