ADVERTISEMENT

Olympic Opening Ceremonies

Yes, it was bizarre and sometimes disgusting (the stupid models on a runway that they constantly showed).
The best part was Celine Dion at the end. She has been stricken with stiff body syndrome for a few years and that was he first live performance in years (Wikipedia). Impressive performance.
Also intrigued with the mechanics of the Olympic Flame as it is not really a flame but LEDs and water vapor.

They also introduced S. Korea as N. Korea and they hoisted the Olympic flag upside down.

Last edited:
Of course I see it as disgusting!

But not surprised , the demons are on the loose!

More shocking to me is seeing people claiming to be Christians, children of God showing hate, anger, being judgmental, selfish, merciless, unforgiving and I could go on and on

Actions like these are normal to people who do not recognize there is a Living God!

Defending Jesus out of anger over what a non believer does or doesn’t do doesn’t make me a better or stronger Christian, Jesus never called us to defend him, and he absolutely doesn’t need us to do so

Christians are called to spread the Gospel through love, forgiveness, to be non judgmental, caring, to help the poor and down trodden, to feed those who are hungry, to give water to those who thirst, and to be good stewards of this earth and his creation including the critters

Failing personally to be the best in his eyes through my actions is much more upsetting personally than seeing non believers doing what they do

But I do think the Olympics should be about the competition and the athletes, not this type of distraction

Ok that is all for now, don’t want to bore you all by challenging you to a “ look in the mirror “ revelation!

Reactions: BrianNole777
Having the little kids involved in this “performance” was interesting as well. Its funny that the drag shows always seem to have the kids involved.

Just another example.. the devil is coming for your kids. Too many pedos and groomers out there.

Drag queens are not transgender. They are transvestites. Two very different types.

Transvestites just like to dress as women.
I get it. I understand their journey. I like to put on some chain mail, full medieval regalia, complete with a Norman style helmet and walk around town and demand that people address me as William the Conqueror. Unfortunately, few ever do and the police always stop and questions me. I can’t help but feel marginalized by it all.

Reactions: Banditking
Can you explain the fetish they have with doing that in front of little kids?
Well, It all starts with empathy. We need to have more empathy. These people transgender, transvestites, etc are just trying to express themselves and if that offends someone than we need to dig down deep in that empathy bag. Remember only the social warriors can be offended. The other side needs to accept it and support it

Reactions: F4Gary and goldmom
Well, It all starts with empathy. We need to have more empathy. These people transgender, transvestites, etc are just trying to express themselves and if that offends someone than we need to dig down deep in that empathy bag. Remember only the social warriors can be offended. The other side needs to accept it and support it

It’s all about that inclusion!

Can I just make a request and say, can we just make sure our family jewels are tucked in please.

OIF.jg02flgHlS7Sc07KuJ7Q1Q

Cool. LMFAO. Empathy check: I’m on board. What y’all say?
These people are expressing their individuality and we should all embrace it and love it

Last edited:
^^^^pure comedy here.! It’s not a courtroom, son. You’ve been a huge supporter of the trans movement on this board for years; always backing up the social warriors on every issue

That's not true at all. You have no evidence for it, either.

And please don't call me "son."

We are not related, thankfully.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: noletaire
I liked the parade of nations via boat on the river. It was different, better than the boring march around a track. The rest I thought was pretty meh.

That river is gross. Officials tried to blame the bacteria levels on the rain. Probably been that way for years if not decades. They are having the surfing events in Tahiti, why couldn't they just map out a swim course in the Med and have the triathlon in Marseille?

That river is gross. Officials tried to blame the bacteria levels on the rain. Probably been that way for years if not decades. They are having the surfing events in Tahiti, why couldn't they just map out a swim course in the Med and have the triathlon in Marseille?
The city of Paris spent a half billion on cleaning up the river before the games. Part of that is a huge reservoir to catch the rain water. Parisians aren't happy that it doesn't seem to be money well spent.

Reactions: CC0492 and goldmom
The city of Paris spent a half billion on cleaning up the river before the games. Part of that is a huge reservoir to catch the rain water. Parisians aren't happy that it doesn't seem to be money well spent.
But the French have by all reports become huge Olympics enthusiasts since they’re having a great run in the medal count. And they’re now all swimming fans.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT