ADVERTISEMENT

Once again Urban provides a

17 million on day 1 and you say he's getting ripped off. I get the points from the article but I'm finding it really hard to feel bad for him.
Don't think anyone is feeling bad for him. But he certainly isn't a "dirtbag" for protecting he and his family's financial future.

Reactions: Oconeenole
This isn't just a situation with Bosa regarding the Chargers, this has been a theme for a while. I understand he would be getting paid a lot of money, but to leave money on the table like this isn't something many would do at all.

Cant live off 27 million! , I know 17 million signing boys is for 2 years, but, isn't 8.5 a year good jingle?

I don't blame him. SD has a history of doing this. It just sucks if you get picked in 1st round by SD. They are putting pressure on him to sign because they know and he knows if he won't will be drafted this high next year.

I have not covered the ins and outs of this, but I do find it funny that Joey's dad held out and was one of the biggest busts in Dolphin's history.

Last edited:
His dad and uncle were both consecutive 1st round picks in back to back years for the dolphins. Both last 3 years and were busts. They probably think the same will happen to their son.

I blame both sides here. Should have drafted Ramsey anyways.

Cant live off 27 million! , I know 17 million signing boys is for 2 years, but, isn't 8.5 a year good jingle?

My buddy was super excited when they drafted him. His cell phone ring tone is Arnold saying, "Go Chargers!, Go!". I told him that day he was going to be a problem and it was a bad draft pick. Him and his brother are coddled babies according to people I know from their high school. Just rumors, but that is what I heard.

I forget which one, the father or the uncle, but I think it was the father, was primarily a bust because he got hurt. Got injured and never really recovered...

I'm no scientist but it seems like he has lost any leverage he had. It's a good point that he won't get drafted as high next year but let's assume he goes #1 overall next year if he sits out. Next team would have to increase the offer by a full 8.5 million for him to break even(assuming the previously quoted numbers are correct) given that he gave up the year salary

Salaries are slotted, take what u get, 110 or 220 , whatever it takes

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT