ADVERTISEMENT

Golf PGSF FedEx Cup Week 13 The Valero Texas Open (sign-up is still open, final chance to sign up is Masters Week )

If the pick is locked in, how does it become the lowest finisher of the possible picks. I'm confused.
It's in order to prevent someone from purposely picking a last name common to multiple golfers in the hopes that one of them finishes well. (For the record, I am definitely NOT accusing anyone of doing so in this case.)

Jimmy Walker sighting

Molinari is hanging around also, currently at even-
he played so well, in 2018/2019
I know he has had some back and family issues since, but that collapse at 12 and then 15, when all he needed was to par in to get the jacket changed his golf trajectory. Guy played with such confidence, and I think he lost all of it after that day

If the pick is locked in, how does it become the lowest finisher of the possible picks. I'm confused.

So for Mrs. BFT,
possible picks based on providing Kim as the choice could have been
SH Kim
Si Woo Kim
Michael Kim

Since there is no way to know who was the actual pick, the pick becomes the lowest finisher of the 3.
This scenario has only happened twice before, that I remember, and that is what everyone decided was the fairest.

Molinari is hanging around also, currently at even-
he played so well, in 2018/2019
I know he has had some back and family issues since, but that collapse at 12 and then 15, when all he needed was to par in to get the jacket changed his golf trajectory. Guy played with such confidence, and I think he lost all of it after that day
Was my fault for picking him. Poor guy's never been the same since.

• Haha
Reactions: NoleinATL
Woad and Heath get to final round at Augusta
Lottie shot 3 under with a birdie at 18 to make it on the number at +2

Go Noles

• Love
Reactions: NoleLizards
So for Mrs. BFT,
possible picks based on providing Kim as the choice could have been
SH Kim
Si Woo Kim
Michael Kim

Since there is no way to know who was the actual pick, the pick becomes the lowest finisher of the 3.
This scenario has only happened twice before, that I remember, and that is what everyone decided was the fairest.

ok, I just want to make sure I understand this. We won't know until the end of the week, then, who her Kim actually is?

ok, I just want to make sure I understand this. We won't know until the end of the week, then, who her Kim actually is?

Yes, it was the only "fair" way I could think of to let the player keep all their picks without penalizing the other participants for getting picks in on time.
With no changes after the ball is struck, you get to keep a player, but the player will be the one who scores the fewest FedEx cup points.

If we assume the pick was going to be Si Woo Kim
and the players finish
1. Si Woo Kim ( 500 fedex points)
2. Michael Kim ( 300 fedex points)
3. SH Kim (190 fedex points)

Since there was no way to determine the actual pick before the tee ball was struck, in this scenario, instead of 500 points, if you had noted Si W Kim, you would receive 190 points for the pick.

While 190 points is not as good as 500, 190 is better than zero, which is fair to the player and the other participants.

I am open to discussing and deciding it another way if the group wants to change. As I said, I only remember this happening a couple of times in the 5+ years I have been keeping score, it is very infrequent, and I thought the easiest way of resolving it.

OK, now I get it. When I see "lowest of the three", i imagined that was who finished with the lowest score.

And I wasn't complaining, I just wanted to know how it works. This seems very fair all the way around.

Thanks for the clarification,

No worries, I didn't think you were complaining, sir.

That said, the league office doesn't deal with violations of the player conduct policy any longer. For inclusion and diversity purposes, we hired an all-female law firm that monitors player conduct and handles warnings, fines, etc.

If you get an email from Michelle Wi ( not the golfer), Mikala Bahls, Becky Cleen-Offmen, or Candace Ripum, you know you have an issue, those ladies are always angry about something some guy did

The own a small firm in Atlanta,
Bahls, Wi, Ripum, Cleen-Offmen

Best of luck for the rest of the week

My last pick came down to Corey Conners and Cam Davis and I chose Cam. I chose poorly.

I also picked Cam; all he needs to do today is shoot around 54 or 55 & he'll be within a few shots of the lead. :confused:

There's a video out there of him goofing around on the range alternating between hitting shots righty and lefty (he's ambidextrous). He might want to consider switching to lefty.

We have about fifteen minutes until the tournament starts, and still no verification on which Kim this is.... 🤷‍♂️

I saw that and looked down the list of players and did not see another Kim. So I assume she meant Si Wu Kim.

I am guessing you are going to throw that one out of her team.

Damn, I didn't even notice Mrs. BFTs when I read through the thread this am

Play is suspended , SH hasn't teed off yet

@Bill From Tampa , clarification of which Kim please for the Mrs

Sorry I could not clarify. Both of us have been busy. I'll mention to her for future tournaments to include the first name esp for players with the same name.

Sorry I could not clarify. Both of us have been busy. I'll mention to her for future tournaments to include the first name esp for players with the same name.

Dang it, Sorry I thought I replied yesterday, I didn't hit post I guess

No worries Bill, as I said it rarely happens, so I try to get in touch if there is a question so someone doesnt lose any possible posts.
We all know how important the PGSF FedEx title is and would hate to see someone lose out on the championship due to clerical error

Went to the LIV tournament today. Brooks was really good today. Crooked Cat is an appropriate name for the course.
Really liked the course. Gonna try to put together a weekend there this summer. Really large crowd. Kind of took me by surprise. They needed more concessions and portolets. Enjoyed the shotgun start. It certainly does make for a quick day. Until you experience it, you don’t realize how fast 4 hours can go by.
If I were making changes, I’d make half the season tournaments 72 hole events. That would help with the whole OWGR thing. Any event in Florida would be 72 holes. (The weather is just too good not to play 72 holes.)Increase the number of concessions, restrooms, and allow patrons access to the resort pro shop. Overall a very positive experience. These guys are true professionals. The level of golf was outstanding. It will be interesting to watch the Korn-Ferry young guns here at Lakewood Ranch in a few weeks. I’m going to be a volunteer for that.

Went to the LIV tournament today. Brooks was really good today. Crooked Cat is an appropriate name for the course.
Really liked the course. Gonna try to put together a weekend there this summer. Really large crowd. Kind of took me by surprise. They needed more concessions and portolets. Enjoyed the shotgun start. It certainly does make for a quick day. Until you experience it, you don’t realize how fast 4 hours can go by.
If I were making changes, I’d make half the season tournaments 72 hole events. That would help with the whole OWGR thing. Any event in Florida would be 72 holes. (The weather is just too good not to play 72 holes.)Increase the number of concessions, restrooms, and allow patrons access to the resort pro shop. Overall a very positive experience. These guys are true professionals. The level of golf was outstanding. It will be interesting to watch the Korn-Ferry young guns here at Lakewood Ranch in a few weeks. I’m going to be a volunteer for that.

Crooked Cat is a great track

Reactions: fsukenny

How much were the tickets, and of course the beer?
Similar to a PGA tournament?

I watched a little bit of it on TV yesterday. My first thought was "damn! they're wearing shorts!"

How much were the tickets, and of course the beer?
Similar to a PGA tournament?
Tickets were $46. Beers were $11. They had an amazing cheeseburger on a brioche bun for $13. Powerades we’re $4 bucks. They also had cocktails but I didn’t partake. So I’m not sure how much.
I’ll let one cat out of the bag. I’m picking Brooks next week.

I got to watch very little golf today , so all I can say is congrats to Conners, nice 68 to get the win.

In the PGSF we had five players pick Conners, but only one of those 5 got points from all 4 picks to get the win.

Congratulations to this week's winner @Bill From Tampa

Valero-Winner-2023.png

Will post updated leaderboard shortly

Can you get OWGR points rolling it everywhere? I keed I keed…

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT