ADVERTISEMENT

Golf PGSF FedEx Cup Week 22 the Memorial Tournament presented by Workday

I actually offered Noler a deal for me to switch out Spieth for cash a few weeks back. He declined and his boy then proceeded to miss the cut
I couldn't bear to part with my guy, bad wrist and all. Mondo obsessio (or some phancy Latin phrase that I just made up). I am getting up early just to see if I can catch him (and Rory & T-Hatton) on one of the ESPN feeds. Scrambling eggs while he scrambles the course...

Reactions: NoleLizards
This is ridiculous. Lol. Greenskeeper needs to buy a fee bags of rocks and throw them in the bunkers tonight.

Stacked leaderboard, should be a good day of golf. Will be interesting to see how Rory plays with a share of the lead

That is not good, hopefully something he tweaked and not something more serious

Reactions: DFSNOLE
Scheffler with low round of the day so far -5 thru 17

on the other end of the spectrum
Tom Hoge- ouch

th.png

If only my picks had such an excuse for their poor play!

Seriously, if a guy can stand and home plate with 50,000 people screaming while another guy throws a hard baseball at him at 100 mph, I don't see why golfers have to have absolute silence. Hell, I don't hear them complaining at that par 3 in Arizona that everyone loves--some even encourage the crowd to get involved.

Tennis is even worse--it's not like they're lining up putts or trying to come up with some difficult shot. It's the same boring back and forth, back and forth. Ballroom dancing is more exciting than tennis.

Go ahead, boo that man.

Reactions: NoleinATL
If it was continuous sound it would be no problem. It is the sudden sound that makes you flinch and distracts you from concentrating on the club hitting the ball.

That was an interesting day of golf. Rory folds again after having a share of the lead on a Sunday. McCarthy going for his first win, can not hold it together even with a spectacular putting display. Congrats to Hovland, good win, the second and putt on 17 were excellent.

In the PGSF, we had 4 players pick Hovland and Scheffler, so it came down to 4th position, Fowler and Fitzpatrick best Cantlay, and we have a tie for 1st.
Congratulations to this week's winners @FSU & Golf and @FSUdawg

Leader-thru-Memorial-2023.png

Will post updated leaderboard shortly

Maybe I should go out of town more often. After spending the weekend with my daughter in Fort Myers touring FGCU & taking her to their soccer ID Camp, I certainly didn't expect to wake up Monday morning to this. I think the only golf shot I saw all weekend was while driving by a course near campus.

Maybe I should go out of town more often. After spending the weekend with my daughter in Fort Myers touring FGCU & taking her to their soccer ID Camp, I certainly didn't expect to wake up Monday morning to this. I think the only golf shot I saw all weekend was while driving by a course near campus.

Hope the rains didn't put a damper (no pun intended) on your visit. FGCU is a pretty good school.

Hope the rains didn't put a damper (no pun intended) on your visit. FGCU is a pretty good school.
Honestly the only rain we had was Saturday afternoon. It caused some lightning delays, but the girls still go the session in, even though it ended late. Friday afternoon was awesome. After the campus tour we made it to an early dinner at Coconut Jack's then spent some time on the beach.

Being a beach bum from NJ, it did get to me a bit seeing all the damage from the hurricane.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT