ADVERTISEMENT

Positive EJ article

I've said it before, he was not given as much of a chance compared to other first-round quarterbacks. 16 career starts, the equivalent of one full season. And he wasn't exactly horrendous. I still think he can have a career with another franchise.

Reactions: NYNole40
Great comments down below the article as well. Hopefully he gets a shot to start again. You never know in the NFL.

Glad to see it and always pulling for him. I believe this year is his contract year too and glad he's putting in the work

I've said it before, he was not given as much of a chance compared to other first-round quarterbacks. 16 career starts, the equivalent of one full season. And he wasn't exactly horrendous. I still think he can have a career with another franchise.

If the bills had released him, Denver could have been set at QB this year by picking him up.

Some QBs get longer leashes but EJ had his chance and it did not go well. Taylor beat him out for the position eventually. It isn't on the Bills it's on EJ for not being better.

Saying that, his career is not over and he may get another shot to start again and he'll need to make the best of it. Worst case he's a very good number 2 and will be in the NFL for a long time.

Some QBs get longer leashes but EJ had his chance and it did not go well. Taylor beat him out for the position eventually. It isn't on the Bills it's on EJ for not being better.

Saying that, his career is not over and he may get another shot to start again and he'll need to make the best of it. Worst case he's a very good number 2 and will be in the NFL for a long time.

In his 16 starts he threw 4 more touchdown passes than interceptions. That's better than what Peyton Manning and Drew Brees did their first 16 starts, the same as Cam Newton, and one worse than Andrew Luck.

Reactions: mlanton
In his 16 starts he threw 4 more touchdown passes than interceptions. That's better than what Peyton Manning and Drew Brees did their first 16 starts, the same as Cam Newton, and one worse than Andrew Luck.
I guess you also believe Tebow should still be starting as well then?

First two seasons: 29 total TDs passes and 9 INTs.

The numbers speak for themselves.

I guess you also believe Tebow should still be starting as well then?

First two seasons: 29 total TDs passes and 9 INTs.

The numbers speak for themselves.
Not sure where you got those numbers, but Tebow never passed for 29 touchdowns in his career.

And the main problem with Tebow was he completed less than 48% of his passes. No quarterback will stick with that kind of percentage.

Not sure where you got those numbers, but Tebow never passed for 29 touchdowns in his career.

And the main problem with Tebow was he completed less than 48% of his passes. No quarterback will stick with that kind of percentage.
Includes rushing touchdowns.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT