ADVERTISEMENT

Really Is this what American College Kids are Made of today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It all started with "My child is an honor roll student at...." bumper sticker.

Now these parents and their entitled offspring drive around with their stick figure family on the back window & slap on a magnet of the private school their kid goes to like anyone gives a damn.

The American Society has been materialized & feminized.

"We have nothing to lose but our chains.” - With what their parents are ponying up for Emory, and majority out of state, safe bet none of these kids have ever been in "chains".

I remember walking through the union at FSU in the mid/late 90's - plenty of stuff that could have "offended" me much more than a little chalk.

They are having flashbacks to that horrible time in childhood when the hop-scotch chalk tormented them ... the numbers, the colors, having to live life staying inside of the boxes ... oh the horror! oh the humanity! How can we live in a world where people chalk on the sidewalks???

[URL=http://s890.photobucket.com/user/theromacks/media/547b001e71cd44288e4dff18f97095b9_zps33d66171.jpg.html][/URL]"Everyone gets a trophy"
a>

They are having flashbacks to that horrible time in childhood when the hop-scotch chalk tormented them ... the numbers, the colors, having to live life staying inside of the boxes ... oh the horror! oh the humanity! How can we live in a world where people chalk on the sidewalks???
I'll bet they sucked at hop-scotch.

Reactions: JohnnieHolmesNole
I read a similar article and thought it was an early April Fools joke. The worst part is the administration backed them without hesitation instead of telling them to grow up and stop whining.

Pathetic. When the Emory recruiting office calls me to see if I can hire some of their grads, I can't wait to tell her "no.....sorry, if your kids are scared of 'chalkings,' I can't imagine how they might respond to something really serious. I don't think you are effectively preparing kids for the real world."

If they felt the "chalkings" were in the wrong place or otherwise inappropriate, just quietly hose them off. Instead, the President openly pandered to the complaining groups, undoubtedly in order to announce his own sensitivity, commitment to diversity, blah, blah, blah.

America is now a place where people are frequently coached to be offended, outraged, discriminated against, etc.

I read a similar article and thought it was an early April Fools joke. The worst part is the administration backed them without hesitation instead of telling them to grow up and stop whining.
They legitimized the complaint with this nonsense...
“After meeting with our students, I cannot dismiss their expression of feelings and concern as motivated only by political preference or over-sensitivity. Instead, the students with whom I spoke heard a message, not about political process or candidate choice, but instead about values regarding diversity and respect that clash with Emory’s own.”
So, they "heard a message" and it was legit cause for concern. That's what I take away from this..Unless the message was overtly threatening, what's the problem? Micro aggression!

A trophy for participation helped wheen the entitled masses in our colleges to their lack of a backbone.

They legitimized the complaint with this nonsense...

So, they "heard a message" and it was legit cause for concern. That's what I take away from this..Unless the message was overtly threatening, what's the problem? Micro aggression!

Just a bunch of "junior activists" striving to get their next merit badges.

"40-50" people. Student population in 2014 was 14,769.

0.33 % of the student population.

Broad brush.

Reactions: goldmom
"40-50" people. Student population in 2014 was 14,769.

0.33 % of the student population.

Broad brush.

Which makes the President's soaring rhetoric all-the-more ridiculous. Why is he bending over backwards to pacify this vocal little pack of weaklings?? Probably because he "likes" embracing the diversity/sensitivity movement, and his message resonated with the intelligentsia crowd (i.e., think heavily-bearded and thick-ankled faculty members who could not survive in the real world for more than 90 days).

Reactions: 12Nole
Which makes the President's soaring rhetoric all-the-more ridiculous. Why is he bending over backwards to pacify this vocal little pack of weaklings?? Probably because he "likes" embracing the diversity/sensitivity movement, and his message resonated with the intelligentsia crowd (i.e., think heavily-bearded and thick-ankled faculty members who could not survive in the real world for more than 90 days).

President is probably thinking of his peers that were fired (U of Missouri) for not being sensitive / responsive to students concerns. It's a vicious cycle that enables this crap.

I'll bite and try and keep this non political. Mr. Trump has run a very divisive campain, particularly when it comes to the issue of immigration. With the amount of violent acts at trump rallies, and his sweeping generalization of most Mexican immigrants as rapists, murderer's, etc, I can see where his name scrawled around campus, could be very disconcerting to the Latino student body, considering Trump himself has incited violence on numerous occasions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT