ADVERTISEMENT

Football Recruiting Recruiting updates: Max Buchanan, Ziyare Addison, Naeshaun Montgomery

OsceolaPat

Veteran Seminole Insider
Staff
Jul 31, 2022
Two of Florida State's top offensive line prospects, Max Buchanan and Ziyare Addison, have already begun to take official visits. Buchanan visited Ole Miss at the end of April and Addison headed out west to visit UCLA this past weekend. Both prospects indicated that they enjoyed their trips immensely and left impressed by both programs.

Addison said that the visit with the Bruins had indeed change the pecking order of how he ranks the programs he will be taking official visits with. He said the vision and culture that first-year HC Deshaun Foster is creating are what stood out most to him. Addison still has visit to Florida (May 31), Oregon (June 7), Penn State (June 14) and Florida State (June 21).

A couple of things to consider here. It was his first official visit, and he was always going to leave impressed, UCLA has a beautiful campus and some new energy around the program with a new head coach. Secondly, some guys take trips just to take trips even when they know where they are going. I didn't get the sense that was the case with Addison and UCLA. Clearly the fact that the visit has changed his pecking order is indication that UCLA is getting serious consideration from Addison. The newness of the visit will have a lingering effect because he doesn't take another visit for two weeks. But UCLA has set the bar, for now, from an OV perspective with Addison. Still think it will be hard to get him out of the Sunshine State though.

Buchanan had a similar experience at Ole Miss. He said his visit to Oxford was "amazing, loved everything about it" and when asked if it changed his pecking order, he said that it "definitely" had and that while the visit to Ole Miss had not help him rule out any of the other five schools he will visit, it had improved the Rebels stock with him. Buchanan still has visits left with UCF (May 17), Clemson (May 31), FSU (June 7), Miami (June 14) and Penn State (June 21).

I still think FSU is in a really good spot with Buchanan think that the recruiting process has been an eye-opening experience for him, and he is probably more open to leaving the state of Florida than I thought he was two months ago when I thought he was a lock to become a Seminole in December. Again, this was his first OV, and the newness will wear off and he continues to go through the process but for now the Rebels are trending up with Buchanan for now.

FSU seems to be in a holding pattern with wide receiver prospect Naeshaun Montgomery. He told me yesterday that he has not set an official visit date with the Seminoles and that if he does make a trip to Tallahassee that his official visit will likely come during the season in the fall.

Running back prospect Shawn Simeon also indicated that as of right now, if he makes a trip to FSU for an official visit, he will do so during the season.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News