ADVERTISEMENT

Redskins trade up for Winston?

doubt the redskins are a possibility at all given their RG3 screw up.. I hope like hell its done deal for Bucs but don't trust them

Any chance this could happen or no question he's headed to the Bucs?

----------

It happened in my dream last night and I hope up to the hell that is one more year of rg3
Posted from Rivals Mobile

god i hope not. redskins are the worst franchise in pro sports

And the Bucs are much better? At least the skins try to spend money to better the team and their skill position players are much better than the Bucs

Not that it matters what i hear, but someone i trust thats been extremely accurate with info on the Bucs is saying Winston is basically already a Buc. Hiring Koetter who runs a prototypical pro offense helps JW cause as well.

Originally posted by doofy10:
The skins aren't really that far from being good. All they need is a good QB and some help in the secondary. They are pretty good everywhere else when healthy. They are a proud franchise that just needs that one special player (Jameis) who can come in get them over the hump. As a skins fan I would LOVE to see Jameis in Washington!

The price for Tampa (or anyone over the years) to trade out of the top pick is sky high. I can't remember a #1 draft slot being traded.

Absolutely no chance unless the Bucs decide it is more important to get olinemen and the Redskins are willing to give a couple of years worth of 1st rd picks for him.

I just don't think the Bucs are going to screw this up. This could turn their franchise around like Peyton and Luck did in Indy.

Originally posted by Archetype:
The price for Tampa (or anyone over the years) to trade out of the top pick is sky high. I can't remember a #1 draft slot being traded.
SD traded the pick to Atl. which drafted Vick. SD got LT in the first round and Brees in the second.

No way it happens. And to whoever suggested that Redskins are better equipped with skill players than Tampa is ludicrous. Vincent Jackson, Mike Evans, Ausitn Sefarian Jenkins, a decent line, and Doug Martin/Charles Sims? I would take that group over WAS any day.

Originally posted by blc16:

my question is...does chip Kelly throw the kitchen sink for mariota? Either to Tampa or Tennessee?
Conventional thought says no, but Chip is anything but that. Now that he has had a coup in the front office and will be in charge of player personnel he may very well trade up for MM. Chip is very impatient and doesn't seem to understand the value of draft picks

I'm a Florida native. My dad used to take me to Bucs games when Vinny Testaverde was QB. Haven't cared to closely follow them or the NFL in general. I'm looking forward to have a reason to watch Tampa Bay play on Sunday if 5 is at QB.

Originally posted by jcknoles:
No way it happens. And to whoever suggested that Redskins are better equipped with skill players than Tampa is ludicrous. Vincent Jackson, Mike Evans, Ausitn Sefarian Jenkins, a decent line, and Doug Martin/Charles Sims? I would take that group over WAS any day.

That was me and will say Garçon is just as good as any TB WR with a QB like Jameis. Deshaw vs Evans, different kind of WR but both would do great. Morris is better than any RB Tampa has. Reed/Paulson are very good TE's.

Both teams OLines are awful. Tampa's line is not decent. Both suck out loud.

Originally posted by scottarring:
Any chance this could happen or no question he's headed to the Bucs?

I hope it doesn't happen. The Redskins are a horribly run franchise. If you care about Jameis wish him to an NFL team with a great offensive coaching staff or at least a team that will hire a good OC from a winning franchise. If Jameis goes to the Bucs I would hope Tampa would go and hire an OC from the Patriots, Packers, Chargers, Saints, Steelers. Jameis is a special talent but he can be ruined if he's paired with bad NFL coaching or a franchise not willing to get him weapons and defense.

Hoping the Bears trade Cutler and their #1 to Lovie so they could move up and take Winston. Two reasons: First, as a Bears fan that would be awesome and secondly, everyone up here bashes Winston every chance they get (which is every time I speak about sports or wear FSU gear- so often) and to see these effsticks do a 180 once he was "their" QB would be hilarious.

If you had asked the same question 3 years ago about RGIII, you may have had the same type of responses. I don't think it will happen either, but don't underestimate an idiot NFL owner.

Originally posted by NJRenegade:

my question is...does chip Kelly throw the kitchen sink for mariota? Either to Tampa or Tennessee?
Conventional thought says no, but Chip is anything but that. Now that he has had a coup in the front office and will be in charge of player personnel he may very well trade up for MM. Chip is very impatient and doesn't seem to understand the value of draft picks
If Chip knows Tampa is going to take Winston I believe a trade with Tennessee for that #2 pick could very well happen. Mariota is perfect for Chips offense, imo. He will have to give up a lot but not too many QB's fit that offense as well as Mariota.

Originally posted by pdubb09:
They'd have to get their picks back from the Rams first. They have nothing to offer.

The payoff for that trade has already been completed, thank God. But there is NO CHANCE IN HELL the redskins turn right around and reinvest more draft picks to trade up for a Qb at the top of the draft. I personally think Winston is off the board in the first two picks, but even if he were there at #5, I still tend to doubt the Skins would take a QB at this time. Their needs of defense are so substantial. They also have major need at OL, which is a position of depth in this draft.

Originally posted by Archetype:
NY Giants traded up to get Eli from SD in 2004 (trade worked out to be Eli for Rivers, Merriman and PK Kaeding there were other picks involved, but they ended up being non-entities).

Originally posted by NC nole fan:

Originally posted by doofy10:
The skins aren't really that far from being good. All they need is a good QB and some help in the secondary. They are pretty good everywhere else when healthy. They are a proud franchise that just needs that one special player (Jameis) who can come in get them over the hump. As a skins fan I would LOVE to see Jameis in Washington!

Disagree, your defense is a soft as tissue paper and everyone moves the ball on you.

Originally posted by NJRenegade:

If Chip knows Tampa is going to take Winston I believe a trade with Tennessee for that #2 pick could very well happen. Mariota is perfect for Chips offense, imo. He will have to give up a lot but not too many QB's fit that offense as well as Mariota.

Philly would have to trade A LOT for number 2 and it would have to involve one of the starting DEs and either Maclin or McCoy.

Tennessee going to take Leonard Williams because they desperately need help on defense.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT