ADVERTISEMENT

RIP Bob Knight

A friend of ours went to Indiana and one time, early on, I asked him what he thought about Bobby Knight. He showed me a framed letter from Knight congratulating him and his wife on their wedding. I have since pulled my foot from my mouth; we're still friends like 20 years later.

Seems to be an opinion of media types. Players and folks that met him say he was a good dude.
Yeah not everyone to say the least. Jay Bilas, who considered him a friend, wrote a great article on ESPN about him. Said he was very complicated and a lot of things can be true at the same time. Everyone is complicated but he seemed to be more at the extremes. I just don’t have a ton of respect for people in authority who are so out of control in regards to their emotions. And that was him to a T.

Yeah not everyone to say the least. Jay Bilas, who considered him a friend, wrote a great article on ESPN about him. Said he was very complicated and a lot of things can be true at the same time. Everyone is complicated but he seemed to be more at the extremes. I just don’t have a ton of respect for people in authority who are so out of control in regards to their emotions. And that was him to a T.

Interesting article. I didn't know he won 3 rings at Indiana. That's impressive.

I wasn't surprised to learn he didn't wear a seat belt while driving in a car...that seems typical, for some reason. 😆

The article didn't mention his family. He was married twice. I wonder how Knight was as a Father? I wonder if he was ever home.

He could have been in control and all that was an act. Probably a little of both though.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT