ADVERTISEMENT

RIP Cory Wells

Damn...from Buffalo too. Saw them (minus Chuck) at a racetrack for free around '92 when I was about 20. Got a big kick out of all the "old-timers" dancing and singing it up, and now I'm that age at least. They put on a hell of a show for a few thousand folks, and was one of the better concerts I've been to. Full disclosure...I've been to very few concerts.

Saw them in the 70s and again about 15 yrs ago. Great show both times.

Hated them. Glorified covers band that never matched the hype.
I guess this was not something obvious to me when I was a kid. The first three LPs that I bought were "Aqualung" by Jethro Tull, "Johnny Winter and Live" , and a live album by Three Dog Night. These were followed soon by the Woodstock double album and "Seventh Sojourn" by the Moody Blues.
Wore out several needles listening to those tunes...

I guess this was not something obvious to me when I was a kid. The first three LPs that I bought were "Aqualung" by Jethro Tull, "Johnny Winter and Live" , and a live album by Three Dog Night. These were followed soon by the Woodstock double album and "Seventh Sojourn" by the Moody Blues.
Wore out several needles listening to those tunes...

Other than 3 Dog Night, you had excellent taste in your music choices. VERY excellent, especially Johnny Winter And Live.

Reactions: billanole
Other than 3 Dog Night, you had excellent taste in your music choices. VERY excellent, especially Johnny Winter And Live.
Yeah, looking back, the Three Dog Night LP certainly got the least amount of play at my house. Just an aside, it was not to much long afterwards that I bought "They Only Come Out at Night" by Johnny's brother Edgar....that is a record that we wore out!!

Yeah, looking back, the Three Dog Night LP certainly got the least amount of play at my house. Just an aside, it was not to much long afterwards that I bought "They Only Come Out at Night" by Johnny's brother Edgar....that is a record that we wore out!!
Both those Winter lps were in my collection, along with the aforementioned Aqualung and Woodstock albums. Never owned a 3 Dog Night lp, they were considered too formula and poppy in my circles. My neighborhood gang were into Tull, ELP, Yes, Alice Cooper, Deep Purple, Black Sabbath, etc. Must admit they had great vocals, found myself singing many of their tunes along with the car radio, as long as no friends were with me, lol.

Reactions: billanole
3DN and Creedence were what was played at the fraternity keg parties. After your fortyleventh beer it all sounded the same.

3DN and Creedence were what was played at the fraternity keg parties. After your fortyleventh beer it all sounded the same.
Yep. Then after the fortyleventh x 2, nothing sounded at all. Those were the days, my friend.

Always enjoyed their music very much, don't care at all if the songs were written by someone else.

Danny Hutton is the man. FF to 2:00 for the magic...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT