ADVERTISEMENT

Ron Jaworski

musicba

Seminole Insider
Oct 6, 2009
I'm sorry but this is not FSU related.....

If anyone watched the Packers/Lions game last night, Packers won with a hail mary on the last play of the game. Ron goes on Mike and Mike this morning and states he blames the Lions loss on the coaching staff for not putting Calvin Johnson in on the last play because he is someone tall that could block the pass??? I damn near fell out of my chair. Am I crazy for thinking Calvin Johnson has never played a down of defense in the NFL?

Rons a tool, but it's not atypical to put in your hands team on a clear Hail Mary play. You're not defending a route, the play is essentially who can stand in a group of people and be big enough and have the hands to get the ball first. Would sort of make sense.

Wouldn't have made a difference in this case as the TE who caught the ball played it perfectly, staying out of the pile 5-7 yards until the ball arrived, thus being unmarked.

He's right. You put your best WRs in on those types of plays. Especially big guys like Calvin that can get the ball at the highest point.

Terrell Owens used to be out on those kind of plays when he was in the NFL. Not an uncommon move.

Keyshawn also (a lot of other big WRs I'm sure are used in those situations as well). I'll be honest when I was watching the highlights, that was the 1st thought that ran through my head: "Why wasn't Calvin Johnson out there?" That and where was the facemask, but c'est la vie.

On about 80%+ of all Hail Mary's pass interference could be called but it never is. Why is that? Isn't it still PI?

I'm sorry but this is not FSU related.....

If anyone watched the Packers/Lions game last night, Packers won with a hail mary on the last play of the game. Ron goes on Mike and Mike this morning and states he blames the Lions loss on the coaching staff for not putting Calvin Johnson in on the last play because he is someone tall that could block the pass??? I damn near fell out of my chair. Am I crazy for thinking Calvin Johnson has never played a down of defense in the NFL?

Ron seems to get off on asymmetric information issues. We don't know Calvin Johnson's injury status, how much or what he's been able to practice, yet Jaws knows he should have been in.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT