ADVERTISEMENT

Running Back Spring Offers

Fishbits

Ultimate Seminole Insider
Staff
Aug 1, 2022
FSU sits in a good spot with Byron Louis the 6'0, 205 pound running back from American Heritage. FSU also sits in a good spot for running back Derrick Cooper of Chaminade HS in Hollywood, Florida. Louis is a high four star back and we feel Cooper will end up as a five star running back. Not only is Cooper and elite running back prospect many feel that he could end up an elite safety as well. He is an elite prospect on either side of the football. We will break down the other backs from 2025 and beyond that FSU has offered.

Offered in Feb / But on the board
Iverson Howard: Quince Orchard HS (MD) -5'10-195-
Watching his film he looks a little bit like Davonta Freeman. He runs with both power and finesse. He does a very good job of making the first defender miss. He does not mind running over a defender or around them. He will try and run between the tackles and if there is nothing there will bounce it outside. Seems to have good vision. He has good but not elite speed. He has the ability to get through the line of scrimmage and into the secondary pretty quickly. He would be a nice commentary back to Byron Louis. I have Louis rated higher.

1) Javian Osborne: Forney HS: (TX) 5'10-190 (2026): Javian had over 2300 yards, 41 touchdowns and a 7.7 yard average rushing the ball last year. Those are ridiculous stats. He can accelerate really well. He has violent cuts. His feet are elite. He is able to cut and get to full speed quickly. He has good vision. You watch him and his balance is very good. He does not go down on first contact. Don't know the competition but this kid’s film is very good. I would have to see him in person but Osborne is probably my top rated back on this list.

2) Amari Clemons: Mariana: 6'1-190 (2026): Really like Clemons film. He runs with good balance. You will see him get hit, keep his feet and keep running. He has both power and finesse in his game. He is someone that can pick up five yard and then on his next run break off a long touchdown. He has SPEED. I would not be shocked if this kid also runs track. He will make an immediate impact on special teams. His running style reminds me of CJ Spiller. He is a bigger version of CJ. He has great feet. Watch how he cuts and loses no momentum.

3) Todd Robinson: Valdosta HS: 6'0-190-(2025) Robinson plays quarterback. He is going to end up a running back in college. He is going to have to learn how to play the position at the next level. You have to like his ability to create big plays. At 6'0-190 pounds Robinson is a bigger back. He has a bit of an upright running style. There is going to be a transition to running back. Robinson is a good enough athlete to also play receiver or defensive back. I am all for taking athletes. I like prospects that are athletes and are not stuck playing one position. If they can't play that position the kid ends up a bust and has to transfer. If FSU takes two running backs and Robinson still wants to come, you take him and worry about where to play him in college.

4) Savion Hiter: Woodberry Forest (VA): 5'11-180 (2026): Can't remember the last time FSU recruited it may have been Thomas Clayton. One of the first things you look for is the ability to make the first defender miss, Hiter is able to do that. He has some nice quickness to his game. He shows good hands. He has the little jump cut in his game. Not sure what his top end speed is. Seems more quick than fast. His game is like Lawrance Toafili. Not sure he is an every down back. Feel he can also move out to receiver in some situations.

5) Davian Groce-Lone Star HS (TX): 6'1-190: (2026): Groce is an athlete. You will see him line up at receiver and Moss defensive backs. He has very good body control. He is a threat out of the backfield as a receiver. Groce unlike Miles has more suddenness for a big back. You don't expect big backs to have elite burst and top end speed but you want to see some suddenness to his game and that is what Groce gives you. He is more of Trey Benson type back. Once again you see the trend with FSU recruiting. Groce for a big back is more of a finesse back than power. That is always a concern.

6) Jayden Miles -Catholic -6'2 200 - (2027): Miles is a bigger back. You can see the trend of how FSU recruits the position now. They seem to want to bring in a big, bruising back with speed and a smaller back to give you a change of pace. Miles is a between the tackles, pound it out back. He lacks great burst. I want to see him develop as a back. He does not seem to run hard for a bigger back. He does not seem like an elite back right now.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News