ADVERTISEMENT

Sharknado 3

ggmike1992

Seminole Insider
Jan 3, 2007
Airs tonight at 9:00 on Syfy. Sharknado on at 5:00 and Sharknado 2 on at 7:00. I have enjoyed the campiness of the first two and will give it a watch tonight. Lots of celebrity cameos in the 2nd and 3rd installments (if you can call them celebrities).

Guy from NPR actually reviewed it this am. He did not give it a glowing review. Said the joke was long since over and dead. Suspect that might be true with all the people who are listed to be in it. President Mark Cuban, VP Ann Coulter, etc, etc, etc.

Or, just really easily entertained. After being at work all day, I often enjoy mindless entertainment. So, I'll watch it - knowing that it will be intentionally over the top and dumb - and probably be entertained enough by it.

NDR gets it.

Reactions: jim65
only saw the last 30 minutes or so.
I didn't know sharks could survive in outer space! :)

Might be the dumbest thing ever put on tv. That includes every episode of Jersey Shore.
I don't disagree, but I still enjoyed watching it. I'm sure that says something about me and my level of sophistication, and that's all right. It filled up the hours of 9-11pm for me last night and didn't cause me to have to think much, so I got what I wanted out of it.

It looked like they spent DOZENS of dollars at Lowe's on those space suits. The floppy rubber knife on the girl with the nice tit's gun. I mean, it's not like they didn't have a budget, they just didn't give a eff. It's the freaking SyFy channel, they could have borrowed better suits from other shows on their own channel, instead they were holding on "helmets" with hose clamps. And where did they go to find an F4? Mexico? Gary's house?

only saw the last 30 minutes or so.
I didn't know sharks could survive in outer space! :)

"Well if a shark can survive in a Tornado it can survive in outer space"....grin.

This is about when I turned it on as well. Was the Hoff drunk during filming? It has been many years since Night Rider and I never watched Baywatch but I do not recall his attempt at acting being this bad.

It was what I expected and will catch a rerun of the entire show later on.

Yeah, he was worse than I remember. Drunk would explain it. Bo Derek looked so bad that I didn't know who it was until my wife looked it up. I found the first two entertaining, but would have turned this one off if not for the kids enjoying it.

Did anyone see the promo for the next bit of awfulness? The cast of Police Academy is in a movie about lava breathing spiders?

That was great and cheesy TV last night. Even better is following along on Twitter, which makes the experience even better. There was a little bit of everything last night.

Sharks in space
Lightsaber chainsaw
Hoff someone ending up on the moon
Sharks being used for re-entry
And the best of all. A baby being born inside a shark.

Just not sure how they can top all that last night. Maybe time travelling sharks or something along those lines.

Yeah, forgot about the baby. She wasn't even showing yet somehow delivered a full-term baby inside the shark on reentry while still fully dressed. Then everyone just happens to run out of the bushes right in the spot they landed.

I donno, usually these silly monster movies are pretty campy but with this one I think they're just trying to see how stupid they could go and have people still watch.

Bo Derek looked better than Tara Reid. It's stupid entertainment during the dog days of summer. I find it comicasl that on a message board where poster regularly post about spending 12 to 16 hours watching college football that watching Sharknado 3 is for the unwashed masses. Both are mindless entertainment.

th

th

th

th

th

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT