ADVERTISEMENT

Star Wars Int'l Trailer..... WOW

It's not much different but this one adds alittle bit more and makes it so much better. The Tie fighters scene is awesome. Rey use to waiting, she's been waiting for her family.... GREAT(she's a Solo). And Kylo with his lightsaber to Rey's neck was just out of this world. Can't wait for 17 DEC to get here already.

Money shot #1.....TIE Fighters coming towards us with sunset in background (holy crap that's awesome)

Money shot #2.....Kylo wiyh the Saber to Renn's neck. (as said above, this shot is awesome too).

And his saber is "jagged", of course by design since folks probably didn't know how to make 'smooth' ones.

What makes you think that?

It's dark, snowing.....just like when Finn takes that guy on.....

It's likely Chewie or Han. JJ Abrams seldom kills off main characters but seems to have a fetish for killing of important, emotional side characters (for example, Wash in Serenity, George Kirk in Star Trek, Admiral/Captain Decker in Star Trek into Darkness). JJ likes two things, 1) Lens flares and 2) making a big emotional splash without killing off characters important to the plot. That sounds like Chewie....but it could easily be Han as well. He was important in the original trilogy but this new trilogy is really about the new generation so getting a cheap emotional cry by getting rid of an old beloved but unimportant character (plus an actor who hates the role) fits in as well. Heck, maybe it's both Han and Chewie.

Reactions: tbdnole_70_08
I found that one underwhelming. And I think it's time to stop watching/reading things until I see it. Things are starting to get spoiled.

Someone took a solid image still and then photoshopped up the contrast and you can tell it is NOT Chewie. What looks like fur and wavy hair is actually the background bushes in low light, instead it's someone wearing a jacket with a large jutting seam running right down the Center of the back portion of the arm. That jacket perfectly matches Finns brown/tan jacket in the film and does NOT match Han's jacket featured in the trailer which is black and relatively seamless. Having said that, we don't know that Han doesn't throw "Finn's jacket" on at some point, it's referred to as a "Pilots Jacket" and looks to be the "Resistance's" uniform.

But it's definitely not Chewie she's crying over now that I've seen the lightened up still.

Who or what is Finn? Next gen Storm Trooper cloned from another source?

Who or what is Finn? Next gen Storm Trooper cloned from another source?

Nah, the clones were only used to have a built in immediate army to combat the droids. They were replaced with cheaper to produce (ie free) regular citizens almost immediately. He's just a regular ole black dude in the "First Order" who for some reason unknown to us at this time deserts them. He might have force powers...or maybe not. Just because you're you pick up a light saber doesn't mean you're a Jedi.

He could be related to Mace Windu or Lando Calrissian. There's a reason Finn and Rey don't have public last names per JJ.

Would be much cooler if he was a clone, with the clones gaining consciousness

They kind of covered that in the Clone Wars cartoon. Where the clones are all genetically the same obviously but take on different personalities.

Anybody read the article? Who is gonna be Han Solo in the Has Solo anthology movies? Chris Pratt?

Well, until Tribe posted what he did (and I haven't seen the cleaned up image), to me the body looks like something hairy (like Chewy) and it looks like an ammo belt is worn. Plus, I wouldn't think a brand new, main character is killed in the movie.

I don't get all the hoopla surrounding Star Wars. Maybe I should watch all of the movies. Meh. Just seems to kiddish for me.

I'd skip the prequels if you don't care. But the original three are worth it if you haven't seen them.

I don't get all the hoopla surrounding Star Wars. Maybe I should watch all of the movies. Meh. Just seems to kiddish for me.

I was in grade school when "A New Hope" was released. When I saw this movie in the theater, it was a life-changing event. It was unlike any cinematic creation before it - from the special effects, to the story, to the music score, it was quite overwhelming to a kid my age. I couldn't watch it enough times - just pure fantasy delight.

Well, until Tribe posted what he did (and I haven't seen the cleaned up image), to me the body looks like something hairy (like Chewy) and it looks like an ammo belt is worn. Plus, I wouldn't think a brand new, main character is killed in the movie.

http://www.techinsider.io/star-wars-who-is-rey-crying-over-2015-10

I disagree with the fact that it has to be Finn. With a cleaned up image you can definitely tell it's "Finn's jacket" but like I said he's not the only one wearing it, as it's the Resistance jacket. And we know Poe wears it definitely as well. So we know Poe and Finn definitely wear it...but maybe Han throws it on as well.

So could be Finn...could be Poe...could be Han especially if that is Chewie to the right and it kind of looks like his Bandelier in cleaned up images on the far right.

http://www.techinsider.io/star-wars-who-is-rey-crying-over-2015-10

I disagree with the fact that it has to be Finn. With a cleaned up image you can definitely tell it's "Finn's jacket" but like I said he's not the only one wearing it, as it's the Resistance jacket. And we know Poe wears it definitely as well. So we know Poe and Finn definitely wear it...but maybe Han throws it on as well.

So could be Finn...could be Poe...could be Han especially if that is Chewie to the right and it kind of looks like his Bandelier in cleaned up images on the far right.

On the Poe note, here's an officially licensed Poe figure wearing "Finn's Jacket".

http://www.figurerealm.com/customfigure?action=view&id=76172

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that's Leia she is crying over.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that's Leia she is crying over.

Could be. We haven't seen her in anything like that in the trailers, early images released or toys but that jacket looks like it could be the standard resistance jacket so really anyone could be in it.

My money is on Han though.

I've seen the original 3. Saw the first one in the movie theater when I was 11.
I've maybe two others since then.
What's the order to watch them?

For people who haven't seen them the machete order is the best way. That's IV-"Star Wars"/New Hope (I refuse to call it New Hope personally), V-Empire Strikes Back then you go back in time to learn the origins of Vader, Obi Wan, Yoda and the Empire by going back to I-Phantom Menace or skipping that one entirely as its truthfully irrelevant to the plot for the most part and go straight to II-Attack of the Clones then III-Revenge of the Sith and then catch back up to the original story by finishing with IV-Return of the Jedi.

So either 4, 5, 1, 2, 3, and 6. Or skip Phantom Menace all together and do 4, 5, 2, 3, and 6.

Reactions: TarponSpringsNole
Who is the female adult British accemt voice? Not Rey/Ren/whatever her name is.

What character is that?

jarjar.gif

Last edited:
Watching all the movies with my kids this month. We watched the originals first and are now on to the new trilogy. I hadn't see the Phantom Menace since opening weekend. It sucked worse than I remembered. Even my kids stopped paying attention after a while. Just garbage from start to finish.

Reactions: noleclone2
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT