ADVERTISEMENT

The absolute bottom line!!! (Long)

manleynumber1nole

Ultimate Seminole Insider
Jan 5, 2010
As we all know by now, there is something seriously wrong with this team and it didn't just mysteriously fall and break this year. There has been a something not right ever since the end of the 2013 season and before the "lightning in the bottle" 2013 season.

Before the 2013 season we had heaps of talent yet we played down to the level of competition and would lose complete head scratchers with far superior talent. 2014 we were completely loaded and even Jameis, as dominant as he was, still dropped off some from his 2013 campaign. If not for Jameis in 2014 we lose at least 2 regular season games if not more. We were in dog fight after dog fight and our defense just seemed to disappear and in the Rose Bowl we were beat down. Folks.... It's coaching! NO WAY we just happened to get every dumb 4 and 5 star players on the board.

There is absolutely no excuse for FSU to ever be outclassed by ANYONE! I'm not saying that we should win every time we step on the field but what I am saying is, there are no excuses for being beat every year by the likes of GT, NC State, Virginia etc... etc... Do upsets happen? Of course... that's just how it is. But an upset like the ones we've been accusmed too every year is unacceptable! I understand one every 2 or 3 years but we just seem to literally struggle against EVERYBODY we play and we have unbelievable talent.

Besides Alabama this program is the ONLY team in America that is consistently in the top 2 or 3 in recruiting EVERY year and we should be plugging and playing. We should be reloading EVERY year with the type talent we have been landing. Look at Bama... Look at OSU... Look at these programs with elite coaches... Bama every year just loses bookoos of talent to the league and plays with Sean Maguire type QB'S yet they win titles. OSU last year lost a lot to the league and it's plug and play. No way should we ever have to hear or use the excuse.... "Well, this is a rebuilding year and we just need to realize that." NO! Unacceptable! Not with what we bring in every February.

Speaking of elite coaches.... The only thing that makes a HC "elite" is the company he keeps on his team. A HC can look about his assistants fiddle with the schemes a little I suppose but for the most part he hires QUALITY assistants and stays out of the way until he absolutely has to step in.

Jimbo, imo, and I hate to say this but has a group of "Yes men" if you will on this team. (Seriously not bashing coaches here, i just dont know of any other way to put it) I think he does it this way because he wants to be in complete control over EVERYONE and he is being very stubborn.

This program right now is at a very pivitol point. The fork in the road is right in the face of this program. The next step will be the defining moment for the future of this program. Keep Kelly, Trickett and don't hire an OC and this program will suffer a major set back. Programs will start pointing out to recruits that we are a stagnant program with a not so good future. We have top notch talent on the bench on offense because they need a doctoring degree to play. Many OC's would salivate at what they could do with that type talent. Defense is just lost and they really can't be athletic either because they're trying to figure out where to line up instead of having fun.

I think Jimbo could be an elite HC but I'm afraid his stubbornness will be his undoing. Thing is... We will be stuck with this for at least 3 more years if not for a complete overhaul that is so desperately needed. If we're stuck with this type of coaching for 3 more years then we will definitely be set back while we watch uf miami or both take over the state.

This post was in no way to bash ANY coach because I'm sure they are an awesome bunch of guys who really do try hard but this is, at the end of the day, a business.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News