ADVERTISEMENT

The Dalvin Cook trial is going on now

I've been following.

There are inconsistencies in the girls story.

I don't understand how they couldn't point Dalvin out the night of the incident. They did however point out Travis R, but not Dalvin. But they were able to point him out a week later when looking on instagram.

The girls friend who says she was a witness to the punch, says she was standing behind Dalvin talking to a group when the hit took place, and that she saw with all certainty that it was him. And she was "extremely" drunk per the reports.

I don't know man...maybe he did hit her, but I don't think there is nearly enough evidence to convict him in the court of law.

I think once the defense calls their witnesses, and if they say Dalvin did not throw a punch, then he should be justifiably cleared of the charges.

"to me, no, it did not look like she got hit with a fist in the face," he said, responding to whether the injury looked consistent with being punched in the face - Officer Smidt

"to me, no, it did not look like she got hit with a fist in the face," he said, responding to whether the injury looked consistent with being punched in the face - Officer Smidt

The prosecution then redirected and showed him the picture. They ask, does this look like someone who was hit in the face? He replied "yes"

If that Twitter is an accurate account of what's going to be in the record, then this is a clear win for the defense. I just don't see how the evidence would meet the beyond a reasonable doubt standard...MAYBE a clear and convincing or preponderance standard if the judge found the state's witnesses more convincing but as it stands even taking the evidence as it stands in the best light of the state this looks like a loss for Meggs.

Reactions: CJRN
Following on the Twitter.

The witness doesn't seem credible at all IMO. "I had one two or three drinks." What does that even mean?

I still see this going in to tomorrow.

That she called DeVante Phillips mom a hoe ("if I'm a hoe, yr mom's a hoe"), who was murdered makes me wonder if the girl misID'd the wrong guy.

Someone hit her, and if it was a player, they should pay. But, there doesn't seem to be clear evidence as to who that is.

If that Twitter is an accurate account of what's going to be in the record, then this is a clear win for the defense. I just don't see how the evidence would meet the beyond a reasonable doubt standard...MAYBE a clear and convincing or preponderance standard if the judge found the state's witnesses more convincing but as it stands even taking the evidence as it stands in the best light of the state this looks like a loss for Meggs.

Didn't the judge toss out a bunch of state evidence before the trial started?? Maybe I'm only reading FSU biased media updates but it looks like a slow death for Meggs and co

Didn't the judge toss out a bunch of state evidence before the trial started?? Maybe I'm only reading FSU biased media updates but it looks like a slow death for Meggs and co

Some but not even all that could have been. Usually the judge consciously or unconsciously lets the eventual loser win most of the small battles so that there's less chance of a successful appeal (which is one of the few markers used against judges).

What I read or heard about was supposedly a "fake" twitter account where Dalvin supposedly apologized.

What I read or heard about was supposedly a "fake" twitter account where Dalvin supposedly apologized.

Yes, it was a fake account that everyone knew was fake. They wanted to use the fake account as a way to get Dalvin on stand to say it was fake. At that point he was of course on the stand and open for other questions....pretty weak sauce on the prosecutions part.

Reactions: Bartdog
That she called DeVante Phillips mom a hoe ("if I'm a hoe, yr mom's a hoe"), who was murdered makes me wonder if the girl misID'd the wrong guy.

Someone hit her, and if it was a player, they should pay. But, there doesn't seem to be clear evidence as to who that is.

How do you know someone hit her, her drunk ass could have tripped and fallen into the truck. She could have swung her purse and hit herself. The only evidence that she was hit was a split lip, one of her friends holding her back could have split her lip.

How do you know someone hit her, her drunk ass could have tripped and fallen into the truck. She could have swung her purse and hit herself. The only evidence that she was hit was a split lip, one of her friends holding her back could have split her lip.

True, someone or thing caused the split lip. The worst part of this is, he will likely be cleared, and the general public will say it's a cover-up, and pro-FSU jury. And not even look at the evidence.

Reactions: DFSNOLE
Pretty upsetting stuff. I really hope Travis Rudolph reconsiders leaving early for the draft.

Jenkins says he never saw the accuser fall nor did he see Cook make contact with her.

Jenkins said he saw accuser push Rudolph and then punch him.

Closing arguments going on. Can't say they've proved beyond reasonable doubt. But with a jury who knows

True, someone or thing caused the split lip. The worst part of this is, he will likely be cleared, and the general public will say it's a cover-up, and pro-FSU jury. And not even look at the evidence.
Who cares about that anymore? They're going to talk chit anyway so we might as well have Dalvin. It's not like this one case is going to make the Criminoles moniker go away...

Prosecution leaving the last line of closing arguments with "If not Cook, who did it?" is a really stupid way to finish off a case.

Jury's in deliberations, and I have to assume this will be rather quick, as a) there's no way this is "beyond a reasonable doubt" as laid out, and b) it's kind of late in the day

Pretty upsetting stuff. I really hope Travis Rudolph reconsiders leaving early for the draft.

Don't have time to read the updates from the link until tomorrow, in short, what's the deal with Rudolph?

Don't have time to read the updates from the link until tomorrow, in short, what's the deal with Rudolph?

The accuser called him poor because he was in fatigues. He responded with "I'm going to be rich in 2 years" (paraphrasing) which leads us to believe he will leave early

The accuser called him poor because he was in fatigues. He responded with "I'm going to be rich in 2 years" (paraphrasing) which leads us to believe he will leave early

Yeah, after reading through the live tweets and realizing the prosecution was inept and didn't have a case, I moved on to the more important part of the testimony, that Travis Rudolph might leave early.

Another #cleatchaser fail.

Doubt it but apparently she does have a civil attorney handy.
Also, of interest she was the gf of Auburn DB TJ Davis, who's from Tally

In case, you're wondering, this is TJ Davis
CNN5yr0UAAApA3J.jpg

Reactions: fsUTampa
I get the feeling this case was prosecuted for the media's benefit and nothing else. Every athlete who has anything even close to criminal is going to get a stronger treatment than necessary just so TPD and the DA's office get to cover themselves.

From the recap, tough case all around. Hard for the ASA, seems like on the defendant's side, you had a bunch of changing stories and on the victim's side, you had a drunken story with 7-days elapsing before she and her friend could identify Cook. Is it possible, she fell and split her lip and decided to try to get some cash money (homie), possible.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT