ADVERTISEMENT

The Sixth Sense

jamnolfin

Ultimate Seminole Insider
Gold Member
Mar 29, 2002
Panama City Beach, Florida
I just watched that movie again for the 1st time in years. I had forgotten just how great that movie is, it's perfect. Great story with a very sophisticated story line, just a unique aproach to telling the story. Haley Joel Osment is outstanding. His mother, Bruce Willis. Sometimes everything comes together and works perfect. M.Night Shamalyan (?) hit gold

Reactions: ponchfrog
Those scenes where he sees the beaten lady cooking and the boy with the gunshot head wound still give me chills.

Side note ... His girlfriend is already taller than him and she wears platform shoes ...

23C6CE6A00000578-2862491-image-a-52_1417801990535.jpg

I just watched that movie again for the 1st time in years. I had forgotten just how great that movie is, it's perfect. Great story with a very sophisticated story line, just a unique aproach to telling the story. Haley Joel Osment is outstanding. His mother, Bruce Willis. Sometimes everything comes together and works perfect. M.Night Shamalyan (?) hit gold

The unique way that M. Night used the color red throughout the movie added even more to the intrigue as the movie played out. Great stuff! Dang, now I'm going to have to watch it Jam, haha!

That's a fantastic movie. My wife is in the Psychology masters program at FSU. She needed a scene to use in a class to show psychology in cinema. I found the scene when he first meets Bruce Willis. It is a perfect scene playing a game with a child to gain his trust. Actually it was a classic representation of how child psychology is practiced. She presented it and it lead to a great discussion in class. Of course she got an A.

I loved the movie but some of it doesnt hold water.
Willis would have known he was dead long before he did based solely on the fact that he was sitting in the house having a "conversation" with the mom waiting for the kid to come home. She obviously doesn't respond to him, so how does he rectify that?
Still a very good movie but it does take something away from the twist at the end.

Willis would have known he was dead long before he did based solely on the fact that he was sitting in the house having a "conversation" with the mom waiting for the kid to come home. She obviously doesn't respond to him, so how does he rectify that?
Still a very good movie but it does take something away from the twist at the end.

Spoiler alert!

Thanks, thanks a lot.

You just get out of prison or something?

My criminal history is my business sir. I will respond to you once I see what Red finds in the box that Andy gave him instructions to find. This is another great flick I just came across, you guys should check it out!

My criminal history is my business sir. I will respond to you once I see what Red finds in the box that Andy gave him instructions to find. This is another great flick I just came across, you guys should check it out!
When the movie came out, a bunch of my friends saw it early. One guy in our group hadn't see it.
Someone goes:
Friend 1: "Knock knock"
Friend 2: "who's there?"
F1: "Bruce Willis"
F2: "Bruce Willis who?"
F1: "Bruce Willis is dead in The Sixth Sense"

Rest of the group gasped and about pooped our pants lol

Reactions: BarryB1081

It's been 15+ years since I've seen it, but in that scene, doesn't Bruce Willis think she is mad at him for being late or something? Essentially I think he wrote it off as she was giving him the cold shoulder.

Reactions: bigmamanole
It's been 15+ years since I've seen it, but in that scene, doesn't Bruce Willis think she is mad at him for being late or something? Essentially I think he wrote it off as she was giving him the cold shoulder.

So she literally doesnt even acknowledge that he is in the room and they sit there in complete silence for however long?

So she literally doesnt even acknowledge that he is in the room and they sit there in complete silence for however long?

I think it's analogous to when you're dreaming. You don't know you're in a dream, and some weird crap can go down in your dreams that sure as heck doesn't follow normal situations in reality.

Reactions: BelemNole
Loved the movie, but M. Night Shamalamdingdong's movies have gone to crap since. In fact, after The Happening, I swore I'd never see another one of his movies, and I've stuck to it.

Loved the movie, but M. Night Shamalamdingdong's movies have gone to crap since. In fact, after The Happening, I swore I'd never see another one of his movies, and I've stuck to it.

Good news for you, he has a new movie coming out "The Visit" or something like that

Unbreakable is his best film. 6th Sense his best mainstream film and The Village was solid.

This wasn't a problem to me--- remember what the kid said: the ghosts (dead) see what they want to see and believe what they want to believe (paraphrasing). Willis was dead so he probably doesn't think anything of it. I mean how did he get into the house in the first place without the kid there to let him in? He's dead-- he's not thinking as we would. He just doesn't know it....

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT